Thursday, March 15, 2018

Another Irish thing I love & freebie

I love Irish crochet! Intricate motifs are made up individually (usually flowers and leaves), crocheted with cotton thread that may be as fine as that we put through the eye of a needle. The motifs are then joined together to create strips of lace trim or lace fabric. I've made a few pieces myself including a drawstring bag with roses for a wedding but have only used a reasonable size of thread. I have a vintage piece of lace, not quite a yard long and less than an inch in width that features roses. It was hand crocheted with the finest of threads and it boggles my mind imagining how anyone could see properly to make it. Here are some lovely examples of Irish crochet.
Are you drooling yet? I tried to extract a few motifs for today's zip but it's difficult. Included today you will find a lace frame and lace background. Last week when I gave you the step dance costumes, I really wanted to include a doll. I wanted to do it myself - stubborn me - so played around with bits and pieces of art doll parts and scans and what not and finally created the little lady you see here. She could better but is the best I can currently manage. Hope you like her.
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a8sawyy7q6gpsg7/ws_TIW_10.zip?dl=0

1 comment:

MomOnceAgain said...

I absolutely love your doll - you did a wonderful job!