Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Last installment of Fall In Love freebie

Was on the road today for several hours, including a meeting with paralegal about Medicaid application for my Dad. Got a couple other chores done then home, rest an hour, make dinner, clean up, Jeopardy and now here. Feel like I didn't accomplish anything. Actually wrote today's text while waiting for paralegal. I'm afraid it feels trite and anticlimatic. Today is the last day of my illustrated story, but I will continue to give you autumn themed stuff through Saturday. Then I'll have to hustle to get the first week of Christmas kit ready.


No traditional family thanksgiving for either of them this year. Her parents were away on a cruise and his were going to Texas to see his aunt. They had been invited to go to the aunt's house but he had patients scheduled for Friday so a trip to Texas wasn't possible. With Sammi going to see her family, it would be just the two of them. He suggested going to a restaurant, but she wouldn't hear of it. They would have their own little feast. She fussed over all the preparations, anxious to impress her future husband. But she needn't have worried. All those years assisting her mother paid off and everything turned out beautifully.

He arrived bearing a gift of autumn hued roses and a bottle of wine. They began the meal with a prayer of Thanksgiving. As they began to fill their plates, she suggested they start thinking of establishing holiday traditions. Sure. Like what? In addition to starting with a blessing, maybe we could ask each person around the table to name something he or she is thankful for.Hmm, how about having to name three things? I think typically the first thing people will say is going to be similar, that is, something about family and friends. But if we ask for three things, it allows for something more personal, and maybe something silly? Okay, I'll start, she said. She raised her glass and said, First, I'm grateful for you. They clinked wine glasses. Second, I'm thankful I didn't burn anything. And third, I'm grateful I don't have to work tomorrow! How about you? I am thankful to have found you and that you agred to marry me. Second, I'm grateful I have an excuse to not go to Texas. Love my Aunt but her second husband gets on my nerves. And, last but not least, I'm thankful you made so much good food 'cause I know I'll be eating well for days!

There is always much to be grateful for, even during the tough times. We should all take time, on a regular basis, to take note of our blessings.

Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/88kdzgugppwhwe2/ws_FallInLove_12.zip?dl=0


Today I'm thankful for a better understanding of what should happen with Dad's financial situation and I'm grateful for your warm recception of my illustrated story spin on freebies.

2 comments:

KM said...

Thank you for the story! I'm always love a happy ending in books, movies and life.
Glad to hear you are feeling more comfortable with your dad's financial situation.

Kristy

MomOnceAgain said...

Love the story - thanks so much for taking the extra time writing it! I'm grateful that your situation is beginning to clear up and that you keep on making such wonderful freebies for us! May the Lord shower you with blessings!