Sunday, November 12, 2017

Cold weather, comforts, and freebie

We finally have November weather but what usually happens here in Tidewater is that we enjoy seasonal weather for a few days and then, just before Thanksgiving when you're going to have the oven going, temps go back up, some times even into 80s! Yesterday we had the heater going and it's always sort of musty and dusty the first few times it comes on. Gave me a sinus - threatening to go into migraine- headache. Took sinus/allergy meds but the left side of my face just continued to be extrememly painful. Felt like someone had hit me in the face with a baseball bat. Thought about going outside and cutting some rosemary and dumping it and bay leaves in a big bowl of hot water to try steaming. Just couldn't get up energy to try it. Took a Tylenol - something I try to avoid doing. No relief. I was sipping a cup of hot tea when I spotted a tin of Cooling Relief sent to me by Tosha. It's a magnesium cream with peppermint used for pain. Why not try it? I applied some of my temples, forehead, behind the throbbing left ear, and along my cheekbones, being careful not to get too close to my eyes. In minutes the pain had diminished and slowly disappeared altogether. I was amazed even though I've had good results with the magnesium roller blend I bought to help with sleep and headaches. Magnesium supplementation throught the skin is really helping me with several health issues: migraines, sleep disorder, and fibro. When I couldn't find any more of the magnesium roller blend purchased, I set about creating my own version. I knew what the ingredients were, just not the proportions. It seems to be working as well for me as the purchased brand. My brother is still traveling so I haven't heard from him to know if he is getting relief too. If anyone is interested, I'll be happy to share my recipe. It isn't difficult to make.

Tosha applied for a business license and changed her business name from Essential Scents by Tosha to Fountains of Eden. She is continuing to expand her product line and was just picked up to sell her products at a Fredericksburg pharmacy. Visit her here: https://www.facebook.com/scentsbyTosha/

Running late with this post because I got involved in an on-line conversation with a friend.

Today's segment of Fall In Love: (PS Sorry about formatting etc. Trust me, I know this isn't proper way but Blogger has it's quirks so I'm keeping it simple.)

Days grew colder, leaves fell like rain and pumpkin patches sprang up around town. Their phone calls became more frequent and longer. One Saturday, he called to ask if there was a movie she'd like to go see. She mentioned she was cooking - had just started a pot of chili - and invited him to dinner. I don't know how to make a small amount and the company would be welcome, she told him. He arrived carrying a bouquet of sunflowers. When I saw these, he said, I thought of you and the sunshine you've brought to my life. She beamed with delight and things were going well until she started setting the table. She asked if he would mind getting the sweet tea from the fridge while she pulled the corn muffins out of the oven. If you would rather have beer, she said, I think Sam has some of that Samuel Adams seasonal kind in there. There was a moment of silence. You didn't tell me you live with someone, he said. I'm sure I must have mentioned Sam, my roommate, she replied as she turned towards him. His expression was cool and guarded and she wondered why. Sammi? I never told you about Sammi? There was no glint of recognition. Then she understood. Sam, Sammi, is Samantha who teaches art foundations and shares the apartment with me, she told him as she took the tea pitcher from his hand. Tell you all about my wonderful, wacky roommate while we eat, if you'd like. He gave her a slight, lopsided smile. Sorry, for a minute there . . . . It's okay, she replied, we're still figuring things out.

Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0keqaj580o12dvh/ws_FallInLove_3.zip?dl=0

1 comment:

Seymoure said...

Thank you for today's portion. Hope you feel better very soon.