Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Rainy Tuesday & Boho Baby freebie

Last night I had a real dinner! Chicken, mashed potatoes and peas. Pretty good day. Was overcast when I left home for treatment plan meeting at nursing home. Dad didn't have hearing aid in but he sat in with us. Nothing much new really. Left there and dropped into TJ Maxx looking for some sweet almond oil (which I found) and picked up a new top in an autumn wine. No sooner left there when the wind increased and rain started up. Not a surprise really since I know there is a storm off the coast of North Carolina. Had planned to drop by Hobby Lobby or Michaels, since I'm feeling so much better, but rain was getting worse and I still had to stop for milk so headed back home.

I've been trying a couple new things the last few days. One is a roller bottle blend of essential oils with magnesium. I've been putting it on the soles of my feet each night before bed and haven't had foot cramps. The other thing is my own concoction loosely based on some other alternative remedies. I've been told turmeric might be helpful but don't want to take it in capsules. Tried golden milk before bed and turmeric ginger tea. Because turmeric settles, you have to keep stirring. For last 2 nights, I've taken an 8 oz bottle of room temperature water and added a teaspoon of lime, a teaspoon of turmeric, and a teaspoon of sugar (to cut the bitterness). Seal it up, shake well and drink. The nice thing is you don't have to drink it all down quickly. If the turmeric starts to settle, just seal up and shake again. I've gotten to sleep a little more easily, slept well, and have woken up earlier than usual well refreshed. Sure, it might be coincidental but I think it's making a difference.

My friend, Tosha, has been invited to sell her products at 3 craft shows/fairs. I'm excited for her but I remember that you can get excited thinking of all the exposure and how much you might sell but you have to consider all factors. Sent her some hints Sandy and I learned about record keeping to see if such events are really worth while, questions to ask organizers and so on. And in between bouts with belly and pain, I had fun playing with some designs for her. I found her current business card too busy and hard to read so came up with a couple alternatives to offer. Finished up the master for her thank you cards, and made up a printable pillow box she can use if she wants to give away samples. I've explained to her that she's under no obligation to use anything I give her, it's just fun for me to design and if it helps her, so much the better.

And now here is today's zip:
There is a double feather ring wreath in the package too.
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rh4kx78cq8bro3x/ws_BohoBaby_22.zip?dl=0

No comments: