Friday, December 11, 2015

Day 11 Tradionally Elegant Christmas freebies

Wednesday my Red Hat group had our cookie swap/luncheon hosted by Queen Mary and Joyce. It was such fun! Joyce had all sorts of goodies set out for nibbling, Mary brought one of her delicious cheese balls, I brought meatballs, and we had a yummy lasagna Joyce had made for lunch. Only one member could not attend and we missed her. We played Dirty Santa and talked about everything under the sun. Mary & I stayed to help Joyce pick up and laughed with each other - being overtired (little sleep night before) and complained of our aches and pains. Had a nice cup of eggnog with a touch of brandy just before we left (I wasn't driving.) I was so tired when I got home I went to bed and crashed for about five hours. After I'd been up awhile, I called Dad's to see how he'd done with his surgery (skin cancer on top of right ear) and how June was doing. He claimed he was fine but had taken June to ER that afternoon. Her UTI is no better, so docs catherized (bladder not emptying fully) and put her on new antibiotic. Also ran an EKG and she was told her heart is "weak" and an appointment is set for Monday with a cardiologist. I can't help but wonder if her heart was effected by the radiation therapy since all her pre-op tests over the summer had been fine. Definitely cannot leave her alone now so I'm on call to go over when Dad has to go out. Between them, they have about 5 doctor appointments for next week. I'm thinking of just putting the wreath on the door, wrapping gifts for grandkids, and setting the lovely flower arrangement Betty gave me Wednesday (poinsettias and green plants) in the bay window and calling my decorating done. Too much else needed in terms of normal cleaning and upkeep with all this running back and forth. Just hope June feels better soon.

Remember I said I had lots of papers for you? Here is another pack today:
Link:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57614067/TraditionallyElegantChristmas/ws_TEC_papers_5.zip
and some vertical borders:
Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57614067/TraditionallyElegantChristmas/ws_TradionallyElegantChristmas_vertical_borders.zip

4 comments:

MomOnceAgain said...

I'm sorry to heart of all the things going on for you during this time. I think your idea about decorating is just what is needed - one less thing to stress about that way! Thank you for the gorgeous papers and borders - the large poinsettia looks three-dimensional!

Stacey said...

thank you so much for the gorgeous papers and borders. thanks so much for yesterdays, awesome overlays and word-art. I'm sorry i'm behind, been busy crafting.

I'm so glad you enjoyed the party! it sounded like a lot of fun. I am praying for June.

I think that's a good idea for this year. no need to go all out in your decorations, you just have too much on your plate.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Thanks so much sweet lady!

antonia carmen said...

tysm theses papers and elements are beautiful