Sunday, October 12, 2014

What I've Been Doing & a freebie

It's been awhile, hasn't it? I had a couple doctor appointments last week along with some medical news and was running various errands. Finally got results of the test I had last month. Seems the results got lost in the hospital system and didn't reach my doctor. When I called, they went looking for the report. Turns out I have mild gastro paresis which, simply put means that nerve damage is causing my stomach to empty slower than it should. Which explains continued nausea, bloating and pain after gallbladder surgery. The diet info I received basically tells me to avoid anything I like and, contrary to general health wisdom which is telling us to eat more fiber, more vegetables and avoid starches, tells me to avoid such because it's harder to digest and can cause problems. Vegetables and fruits that can be tolerated should be pureed! Have to make sure I stay hydrated and have been advised to keep Glucerna (diabetic form of Ensure) on hand for bad days. Fun, fun, fun!
Went to grandson's baseball game yesterday afternoon. Saw him playing first base and batting a few times but the weather turned quite cool and I got chilled sitting there in my short sleeved shirt so had to retreat to the car for warmth. Talking to granddaughter after the game, hubby kindly suggested that I'd love to give her another tea party and she added it would be good for Halloween and she'd invite her cousin. The dining room is still in a bad state and is small with my table only comfortably seating 4 so I explained we'd have the cousin another time as I now have my niece living with me and with grand-daughter and her mother that would make four. I'm tired just thinking about it! But I have to find some way to get dining room ready for next month's Thanksgiving dinner anyway so I'm now planning tea party menu.
Have had frantic fingers as I'm crocheting for my brother's grandson due in December and also making something for the receptionist at one of my doctor's offices. She's due next month but her doctor says could be sooner as baby appears to be bigger than expected for original time line. I've overestimated on the yarn for baby Hunter's snuggle sack and cap (or cocoon as some say) and had plenty to make the same for receptionist's baby Chloe. A little girl doesn't need everything to be pink, right? Because I'm going to see tht expectant mother this week, I finished her snuggle sack and hat and made a bunny rabbit lovey/security blanket. Going to make a bib in pink tonight. Hunter's frog hat and frog lovey are just waiting for finishing touches before I can pack them up. I found a frog bib pattern to use up the rest of that green yarn. They are doing his nursery in bears which was the theme for Bryan's (baby's father) nursery too but I'm sure he will be recieving lots of teddy bear stuff so thought a frog would be a nice companion for the bears. I'll try to get photos of Chloe's gifts posted in next day or so.
It's early to be thinking winter but I was going through more old files and found a contribution I made for a collaborative kit some years back. The store is long out of business so no problem with me re-releasing my part. Just 4 full size papers and 11 elements but maybe some of you can use it? Elements and papers are zipped within the one zip you can find here: http://www.4shared.com/zip/Mxpo52lIba/ws_Icicle.html?

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I hope the diet as bad as it is helps you to feel better. Have a fun tea party. My niece will be here next weekend so won't have much online time, but I'm so looking forward to it. she is 2 1/2 now and knows who we are so it will be so much fun. we skype every Sunday so she'll recognize us. thanks for the wonderful mini. Winter will be here soon enough. Finished planting my grass seed for the fall as it's like spring here - we're still in the 90s but supposed to be in the 80s next week - can't wait.