Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Response to random word prompt

I wrote this just minutes ago while reading throught the prompts I'd given last Friday. The 5 words on the random word prompt suggested a visual image to me so I tried to put it into words. This isn't a completed anything, just my initial response to the writing prompt and the image it conjured up.

Act casual as you walk past the shadow people who hang out at the nearby juke joint. Don't appear to notice them; just see them as shadows, ignoring their staring eyes. Don't listen to the words they say, trying to intice you to join them in some "fun." You don't want to enter their world for it is dark and terrible and all their promises of ease and joy are false and brittle. No matter how bad things are, you are still in the light and the light will heal, if slowly.

No comments: