Thursday, April 3, 2008

Check it out: I Am Not My Hair

Today my friend, Cherrie, posted an entry on her blog called "I Am Not My Hair" (go here to read: http://afridigidiva.com/Blog/). This was a response to complaints from some of her readers that she hadn't done another rant. It struck a nerve, making Cherrie wonder if people saw her as one-dimensional. She wanted to correct that impression and I think she expressed herself well. Those of us who know her don't think of her as she worries some might . . . "an angry, PMS’ing bitch that sits and thinks of things that get on [her] nerves." We know she is multi-dimensional.

But this brings up a good point. When we read blogs, we do form opinions of the writers. Sometimes our opinions might be correct, that is, we might be able to fairly well gauge a person by what he or she writes. However, this is often not the case. So, think about it. You are not . . . what? And if not that, who are are? Maybe you only want your readers to see certain aspects of your personality. That's your choice. Maybe you want to share more or yourself. That's fine too.

When I started this blog, I wanted to share not only my art work (how pretensious that sounds) but writing prompts from my collection for those of youwho like to write. I never got any comments on those, however, and when I started doing digital design, gave it up. I'd intended to share thoughts on what I was reading and other things too. But then I got involved with the digital scrapbooking world. I did countless layouts for creative teams and spent what other time I had on trying to design kits of my own.

Well, in response to Cherri's post, let me say that I am not:
* just a scrapbooker
* just a creative team member
* just a digital designer
* just a person with fibromyalgia and other disabling medical conditions
Granted, that's about all of me you've seen of late, but that is not all of me.

Spring is renewal and I'm working on making some changes, reawakening parts of myself, renewing some aspects of my life, and so on. Don't be surprised when you find posts here that aren't about scrapbooking, digital design, or fibro.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sherry!
And at some point, alot of these ladies will figure out that scrapping isn't all cute babies puppies and kittens either.

Unknown said...

I personally love to go to blogs that are diverse, that do have a bit of art, or an insight into the life of the person writing, so I will be back - more power to your pen (and when you want to your paintbrush or gluestick lol)!!!