Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Tuesday - things going back to normal & freebie

We have 45 degrees here today, which is a normal temp. Snow on lawn mostly gone but we get good sun here. Back in my father's neighborhood which is full of trees, I imagine it's still pretty icey. We tromped through the snow yesterday and got some things done. Didn't have as much trouble getting the car out and onto the street as we expected. Went by Dad's house to make sure everything was okay and water still dripping into tub. Streets back there were snow covered ice and I made my way to the door through 8-12 inches of snow. Wind ripped off the For Sale sign so I will have to replace that soon. All good there otherwise. Next on to Walmart to replace the microwave that died during the storm. Had a number of groceries we needed to pick up too and thought it would be a one stop shop. No milk! Actually they did have a couple gallons of some unknown brand of 0 fat organic milk. It was very expensive and looked like chalk water. No deal. Got what we could, then stopped in at out local Food Lion on way home. No problem getting milk there and picked up some fried chicken and cold salads too so I could skip cooking. Then on to the Post Office to mail a package to Dad's supplemental medical insurance carrier. His January coupon book didn't reach me until the 3rd which is when it started snowing, and since we weren't getting any mail delivery and couldn't get out, that was the first I could mail it. Called today to let them know what was going on and that I'd sent copy of POA along with bill and where they can contact me. Going in and out of the intense cold yesterday made it hard to breathe and wore us out. Put groceries away, ate some dinner and that was it.

Feeling a little croupy today but nothing serious. Had some intense dreams last night and this morning. When I got going, I realized I was dehydrating so have been forcing fluids. Another not too productive day, but I've got split pea soup cooking now and when it's done will run it through blender and cream it, then add chunks of ham. Finally got mail today - bills and a notice from Medicaid stating they got our application and a big list of what they need. It's all stuff I've already given the attorney so tomorrow I've got to forward a copy there so they can mail it off. I'm sure not going to copy all those pages again myself! We anticipate them saying there will be a 6-8 month penalty period before they begin paying anything. Next up will be getting everything together for taxes. Dreading that and know it's going to be costly.

Have you seen the recipes on the Land 0 Lakes Butter site? I followed a PInterest post and ended up there. Wow, they have so many recipes and, though I'm picky about what I eat, a lot of recipes I'd like to try.
https://www.landolakes.com/recipes/

But how are things where you are? Are you doing anything about your New Year's resolutions or January monthly goals? Got any new projects going? Reading anything interesting?
I decided my January goals would be:
1) Filing the rest of Dad's 2017 papers, making copies of anything I haven't already sent to attorneys and organizing it all. That's a big project right there.
2) Catching up with my friend, Mary, and going to lunch and/or a movie before month's end. Been a good while since we've gotten together.
3) Starting The Work by Byron Katie.
http://thework.com/en

Thanks for responses to my questions about what kind of freebies you like. Today we have zip 3 of Snow Queen:
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ye0eu57oxey6zsk/ws_SnowQueen_3.zip?dl=0

No comments: