Saturday, September 9, 2017

Worst hurricane season in ages & Boho Baby freebie

Wow, hurricane season is really rough this year! I finally heard from my brother yesterday. He called to say he and his wife are riding out the storms to come in their home in Sarasota FL. He'd called knowing I'd be worried and that they are likely to lose communication soon, wanted to tell me he loves me, not to worry that their home is old but sturdily made with stucco. They had been tieing their trees such that if they fall, they should fall away from the house, moving outside stuff in and generally preparing. He reminded me that they have a guest cottage too so if the house is damaged, they can go there or vice versa. Promised to call when storm has passed. Said there was no point trying to go any where as roads were packed with cars and all hotels between Florida and into South Carolina are sold out. Thought maybe they would try to get to his son's home in Ashville, NC but he said that's on the storm's predicted path too. Besides, with his pain problems, long car rides are difficult.

Going to drop by Dad's house to pick up a few of the hundred's of flashlights and lanterns he's got over there. He went through a period where he was trying every new type of light producing device on the market and every time I'm over there I find yet another flashlight. Seriously, when we hold the estate sale there will be a box full of flashlights of all kinds and sizes. Next I'll stop by A.C. Moore's craft store because they have yarn on sale. I've decided to make my step-daughter a poncho as part of her Christmas. She won't wear sweaters but is always complaining about being cold and huddling up with a blanket. Seems to me a poncho could be just the thing as she'd be able to get up and move around yet still stay warm. Then on to check on Dad and let him know I talked to Thom.

Today in Boho Baby we go back to more feminine colors, although in Victorian times baby boys wore pink, a pastel of red which is considered masculine. And this is the last of the ribbon frames. You were probably wondering if I was ever going to give you something other than ribbon frames. Yes, I will.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cz9id3thhceu0ws/ws_BohoBaby_8.zip?dl=0

No comments: