Monday, October 22, 2007

Recent Layouts

As you can see, I got a little scrapping done last week. The first layout is of my son, Jeremy, at 6 months old. I won in Imanita's first game on her blog (http://imanitasdesigns.blogspot.com/) and got this cute little kit. I decided to challenge myself to use every piece of it in a layout and remembered this old photo of Jeremy and thought the colors in his outfit would go well with the kit. What do you think?


For ScrapbookersPlayground, I was to create 2 layouts with AMB Designz kit, Traveler's Journal which can be found here:
http://www.scrapbookersplayground.com/Cart/index.php?main_page=product_scrapbook_info&products_id=6776
I actually started by creating a layout for some photos of our honeymoon trip to Hoover Dam, as you'll see below, then decided the kit would work well for photos of the Monte Carlo where we stayed. One page lead into another so I ended up with a 2 page spread of the Monte Carlo as you see below.



Here are the Hoove Dam pages. The dusky blues and yellows made me think of sunshine and shadows which is what led me to scrap these photos. It was well over 100 degrees this day. The heat didn't bother me in Vegas because it was dry heat, but as soon as we stepped off the bus at Hoover Dam, all that humidity in the air combined withthe heat made me feel sick. What I mostly remember about the outside was looking for shade - not that it made much difference!
Here's me and John pulling faces for the camera he is holding at arms' length.


Moments after the photos below were taken, I'd turned red as a lobster from the heat and was a little faint. Once inside the building, a short rest before the tour put me to rights. The trip back was fine and I was up for the tour of a chocolate factory. Yummy!




Here are a couple vintage layouts created with Robin Ackler's kit, Vintage Keepsakes which can be found at Scrapbookersplayground:
http://www.scrapbookersplayground.com/Cart/index.php?main_page=product_scrapbook_info&products_id=6707


I don't really know who this gentleman is, I just made up a name.

Don't know who these ladies are either but they looked as though they could be sisters. I named them Miss Ida (in bonnet) and Miss Emma.












1 comment:

Pooh Bear said...

These just tickled my funny bone... I guess I wouldn't have thought about adding names to pictures that I don't know who they are. I love the idea!! The honeymoon photo's are great. I love the colors and your layout. I've seen the Hover Dam once and it still blows me away.
Great job!!!