Thursday, March 26, 2020

Easter BAK freebie

It's good to hear how you are doing, my friends. It is rather like we are living in a sci-fi novel, isn't it? Physical closeness banned, businesses, schools, and all types of entertainment venues closed, restaurants limited to take out only. Scarcity of supplies and enforced limitations. Economies falling. And everywhere people ill and/or dying. Remember how it used to be said that the world would end in fire or ice? And more recently, that artificial intelligence would conquer humanity? Now we watch as viruses and bacteria - such simple life forms - dominate all. But enough doom and gloom. I find myself oddly calm, not depressed, but peaceful. Am I being stupid, or have I grown enough spiritually to rest assured God has a grand plan and, in time, all will be right again?

In truth, not much has changed for me and my husband. Sure, we miss going out for lunch with friends or having people in for a visit. We have some symptoms but they could simply be allergy related. And staying in isn't much of a burden since we're not out and about much anyway. Just going about our usual dull days, maybe napping a little more since we feel a little more fatigued. Basic household chores are getting done. Reading a little more when I might have wanted to go browsing in thrift stores. Having our grand-daughter stay where she is instead of having her here just now. Watching a little more Netflix.

I've done every single challenge on Just Art this month and even posted a new one myself about making ATCs. Got on a roll with those. Here are a couple of my challenge pieces.
Not my typical style, it required using a couple of masks.

This one was a Mystery Door challenge in which I was given 3 surrealistic photos to choose from to make a page. I chose one of a clock in green sea water and came up with this.

The ATC challenge I mentioned? I made these to send to my son and DIL who are in health care.

Now about today's freebie. For those who don't know, I once sold commercial use products under the trade name, Sher Scraps 4 CU. If you see that name, know it is me and if I give you something under that name, you may use the product commercially if you wish. I bring this up because I was going through my stash and came across some CU Easter papers I'd made and here they are:
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmb00n8ong7hm9r/ss4cu_EasterGladPlaids_1.zip?dl=0
More soon. Stay safe & healthy.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Sherry, thank you so much for the Easter Kit!!!

I am perfectly content with being home. I have a 21 yo daughter. I also have an 8 yo that I am in the process of adopting. I took care of her grandmother for years, and she passed 7 months ago. Torey's birth mother is a drug addicted and has never taken care of her child. So I am trying to entertain both... Kids do not know how good they have it today!!! We live on 800 acres, pool, 3 lakes, horses to ride, cows and sheep are having babies, 9 acres garden can always need weeding!!! I have ever channel known to man, internet, over 3000 books... They are bored... Bored and more bored!! GO OUTSIDE!!! Times are achangin'!!

Stay safe and well!!!

Mary said...

Sherry I also wanted, and forgot, to tell you how amazing your challenge layouts are!!! I love them!!! I have to let you know I am scraplifting your layout with the guitar!!! I just have to figure out how you did it!!!! But it is amazing and perfect for my daughter!!! Thank you so much for sharing your talent!!!

Happy Easter to you and yours!!!

SherryD said...

Mary, thank you! The background forest scene and man with guitar both came from Pixabay where you can set up a free account and get lots of free images. As for the masks, I had used several and only remember that one was a given in the challenge. Hope that helps a little. Just play with your layers and opacity until you are happy with the result. Hugs!

Mary said...

Hello Sherry, I am going to try!!! Your layout is just perfect and I hope I can give it justice when I can get it scraplifted in the next couple of weeks!!! If worthy... I will share with you!!! Thank you for all you do!!!