Saturday, March 21, 2020

COVID-19, thoughts about Easter, new kit, etc

Weather here in Tidewater region of Virginia is bouncing around - in 80s yesterday, 40s today. And it's allergy season. None of that helpful at this time when the COVID-19 (corona virus) is rampant and everyone is on alert. Precautions are being taken everywhere and some drive-thru testing sites have been set up. But to use those, because testing supplies are in short supply, you must first contact your primary care doctor and to qualify for testing, you must have a fever and shortness-of-breath. However, studies are now showing that not everyone who has the virus will run a fever and in early stages may not have respiratory symptoms or only have those associated with common cold or allergy. Which means, there are many people with the virus who are undetected. Not repeating any of this to frighten any one, just commenting on the state of affairs. My hope is that all of my readers are safe and healthy.

I still have allergy, cold, whatever symptoms, so staying in. Quite fatigued too so not doing much. Have been thinking that Easter is almost upon us and perhaps I ought to be starting an Easter themed kit. However, in all honestly, I'm not particularly inspired to do a kit. So, throwing out an idea and need some feedback. I'm sure some of you were hoping for an Easter kit to scrap your children and grandchildren. So I'm thinking what I could easily do is share some of the vintage images I've collected for you to use as elements on your pages. You are likely to have plenty of papers on hand that would be suitable, or could be re-colored to go with the elements. There could be a day when I'd give you religious themed Easter images, another day featuring chicks, another featuring bunnies, another eggs and so forth. What do you think?

2 comments:

tiscrea © - The Netherlands said...

First of all, I hope you'll feel better soon.
Anything that you can come up with is very welcome. Personally, I prefer easter chicks, flowers, eggs and any funny/cartoon-like images.

Yhank you very much in advance for your work and time you put in it.

KM said...

Stay safe and healthy. I am not a hoarder/prepper nor did I buy 200 rolls of TP but I get why some did, out of fear to have some control over what they cannot (COVID-19). My parents are in their 80's (both battling cancer and in addition my mom suffers from dementia) and my dad heads out once a week to get essentials if they have any left on the shelves. I have told him I will deliver to his front door. Getting him to stay home is like pulling teeth. He, I wish, was a prepper. Perhaps once the weather gets warmer and the snow is gone here in MN he can expend his cabin fever with a walk outside.

Thank you for thinking of Easter and the hope it represents. I am sure all your followers will enjoy any and all aspects of your talent that you share so willingly with us.

Take care,

Kristy