Tuesday, June 7, 2016

The end of the Steamy Spring freebie

If you have been collecting the Steamy Spring kit, yuo should have 30 zips as of today. Zip 30 has a large gear cluster and a big top border. I hope you have enjoyed this kit as much as I have enjoyed making it.
Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57614067/2016%20freebies/SteamySpring/ws_SteamySpring_30.zip

Today I have a doctor's appointment and errands to run. I'm trying to put together a small kit in the wedding colors but I'm having a hard time of it. As mother of the groom, I haven't been included in much of the planning as I can only tell you what I know until I actually see for myself how it turns out. My son and his bride are getting married on the deck of a lovely beach cottage on a cove at Nags Head, N.C. Call me conventional but I'd have gone for a beach theme and colors. Instead, the bride choose these colors (as near as I understand):
I know for certain the green she choose is emerald and this is my best guess about the purple since my son described it as "not as dark as eggplant, more like the purple in a crayon box." The groom and his men are wearing khaki pants with Hawaiian shirts something like the cornsilk color in swatch. The floral (I'm guessing hibiscus) design on the shirts is in white. The bride bought a lovely contemporary white gown - long with train. But she had the train removed and the skirt altered into a high-low design. She wanted a special hibiscus flower that isn't available so will be carrying a bouquet of Picasso Calla Lilies. One of her attendants will be in purple, the other in green; don't know what flowers they will have. She wanted gardenias for the table flowers but ran into a problem with florists being able to supply them so has some other back-up flowers. I'm going to see what I can come up with and share with you but that is for another day.

1 comment:

makeyesup said...

It's a different world out there. My grandson is getting married in July and the bridesmaids dresses are a royal blue and the grooms men have the royal blue and Khaki colors. In the olden days, that color combination would have been considered fall colors. I'm sure it will be beautiful for them as your son's wedding will be. Have fun. Thanks for the kit, it's lovely.