Monday, October 28, 2013

Another Monday, Some New Products

Hope you all enjoyed my little Halloween gift. I'll leave links up until 11/1 just in case someone missed a day. That McCormick's Bourbon Spiced Pork recipe I told you about the other day? My husband loved it. When I plated up slices of the pork, one of the baked apple halves, a scoop of the sweet potatoes and added some snap beans, it made for a colorful fall serving. If you like spicy, I think you'd enjoy the recipe and it's pretty easy. The hardest part for me was chopping the peeled raw sweet potatoes into cubes. I have bad reflux so my plate had smaller portions of everything and while I liked the taste, it wasn't long before the heat in the spices began to get to me. For myself, maybe half the spice packet would be okay. But hubby has eaten the leftover fruit and veggies and some of the pork. Still have a little left to slice for sandwiches. All in all, not a bad experiment. Since I'm leaving all but Digi Style Designs at the end of the month, all new products are only going into Digi Style. At present we have a Create_a_Kit that is running October through November, called Harvest Moon. Here are a few things I added yesterday.
This one, Pumpkin Head Girls was just put in Halloween category. The heads are based on some 1920's flapper style pumpkins I saw. These are a little on the primitive side but I thought they were fun and would be cute on party invitations or pages. I really like the soft patina of vintage metals like brass, but especially copper. So I made a few stilllife arrangements for the Harvest Moon CAK.
Then I got to thinking, What's a Harvest Moon kit without a moon? I hadn't seen any in the category, so I went into my Victorian scrap and vintage image files and pulled every moon I could find, played with them and packaged them up. Traditionally, a harvest moon is a full moon that occurs on a certain Saturday of the year. Usually it has a yellow, sometimes orange appearance. But I'd found a cute Halloween crescent moon and couldn't resist including that too.
You can find all of these products and more in my Sher Scraps 4 Cu store at Digi Style Design here: http://digistyledesigns.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=85 Working on a few more Harvest Moon products that should be in store by Wednesday. Until then, enjoy fall yall.

No comments: