Thursday, October 24, 2013

Finally fall weather!

Have you seen the new McCormick gourmet recipe and spice packets? I'm trying one today. It's called Bourbon Spiced Pork. The spice mix definitely has dried red peppers in it - can't say for certain what else. You add brown sugar to the mix, use 1/4 cup as a rub on pork tenderloins (I'm actually using a nice pork sirloin roast I split in two) that you've brushed with oil. Those go into center of a shallow, foil lined roasting pan. Meanwhile you peel a couple medium sweet potatoes and halve and core a couple apples (like Gala or Fuji). The rest of the brown sugar and spice mix goes into a large bowl with 1/4 cup orange juice and is mixed well. Then you dump in the sweet potatoes (cubed into 1 inch pieces) and the apple halves and toss. Arrange the apples around the roasts cut side down, add potatoes and pour on any juice remaining in the mixing bowl. Bake at 425 degrees; they say for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender and pork as done as you like it. Well, it's been 30 minutes and potatoes are still tough. I'm real careful with pork too so after checking it all, I decided to cover it with foil and let it go longer. It smells really good but we'll see. Will report back with results. Just watched Ohio State's marching band's tribute to Michael Jackson. Really cool! Find it on YouTube if you like Jackson's music and you will be amazed with the moves this band makes! I think I've got another Halloween kit that I forgot to put in stores so need to check on that later and get it in. You'll notice I removed some store blinkies. I've cut back due to health issues and am now exclusively at Digi Style Designs. Have you seen our Harvest Moon Create-A-Kit at DigiStyle Designs? Every product follows a set color scheme so that all pieces go together. Products range from $1 - $4 so you can pick and choose just what you like. I've put a few things in under my CU line and have more to be finished. This CAK will run until the end of November and then we will have a new CAK to run December to end of January. This way it takes a little pressure off the designers during the holiday season. And finally, I'd like to thank those who have written in to let me know they appreciate the free Halloween kit. I'll see what I can come up with for Christmas for sure. Maybe some CU items for those of you who are designers or want to try your hand at it. Got to check on that roast! Hugs!

No comments: