Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Thrill Is Gone & Pain Here to Stay

After 3 miserable weeks of sciatica, I've learned I have arthritis and degenerating discs in my lower back. So now it's bad discs at cervical and lumbar spine. Naproxen, Celebrex, and lidocaine patches made no difference and I've now finished a week of prednisone which has, at least, dulled the pain. Looks like I need to spend less time at computer. So, tonight I decided to drop back further, resigning from both Scrapping Your Memories and Your Scrap Addiction at the end of the month. I will then be selling exclusively at Digi Style Designs (a little easier for my ad person at least). I intend to stay at Digi Style to the end of the year and then re-evaluate. Let's face it, the digital scrapbook market is glutted and considering all the hours we put into what we create, digital scrapbook designers are just making pennies for our efforts. Granted, I didn't get into this to get rich - what a laugh. I've met a lot of great people and designing distracted me from a lot of my fibro pain, gave me a creative outlet and, to some extent at least, a sense of accomplishment. But with sciatica, it's a different game as sitting (or lying down or standing for that matter) is painful. 2013 will soon be at an end anyway and I'm 62. Old age can have it's limitations and new responsibilities too. There are some projects I'd like to finish before my years are up and some business related things that need attending to. Just bought a neat little bool called When I'm Gone which gives you places to record all the information your family will need readily available when you die. No, I'm not thinking morbid thoughts, just being practical. My husband would need to know where I stashed insurance policies and so on if I pass on before him. And I need to leave notes for my son about such things as items I might want to go to a particular person, who to contact at the local quilt guild to take all my fabric and craft stuff away for use in their charity projects and so on. Heck, we haven't even had a will made yet and that is something we ought to do before the year ends. Practical things, in other words. Meanwhile, I've gone back to my writing on a more regular basis, have some games I can play on my Kindle when I have to lie down, and planning for upcoming holidays etc. Now just to find some good low pain days to get household stuff done. Tasks have piled up these last few weeks.

No comments: