Sunday, May 25, 2008

Retro Crush by Sweet Made

I love Ashalee & Sweet's kits because they combine elements of contemporary style and retro or vintage style beautifully. While I tend to be on the vintage nostalia plane, they flirt comfortably with modern and vintage, creating a very fresh look that challenges me. The page layouts and artist trading cards etc below were all made with Sweet's Retro Crush, which you can find here:
http://ashaleeandsweet.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=&products_id=669
"Brooklyn Pinboys" is a vintage photo I've been holding onto, looking for just the right kit. I think this page shows I found it.


"Chairmen Of The Board" is another vintage photo I thought would work well with Retro Crush


Then I began to play with making some digital ATCs.
I re-sized Sweet's frame a bit, added the corner overlay and a piece of flower (all in the kit) and had a great frame for this "Dapper Gent."


This next piece is 4" x 6" and will be either a card front or a postcard to be sent to my friend, Sandy, in Richmond. The fashion figure is a vintage Erte.


And finally, the dapper gent needed a fashionable companion so I made "VIntage Beauty In Fur."

No comments: