Thursday, May 1, 2008

Some recent layouts of the distant past

I'm scrapping baby photos of my son, Jeremy. Here he is, just learning to crawl. Scrapped with Digi Jango by ScrapKitten. You can find this cute kit here:
http://www.scrapkitten.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=104



While I'm scrapping my old photos, I'm doing a series of photos from the baby shower the ladies at the telephone company (where I worked at the time) and my aunts threw for me. Telephone company people know how to party! And my Aunt Dean was head caterer for a major grocery chain. Having been married seven years and been through two early miscarriages, these folks went all out to give me the best baby shower ever. It couldn't be just cake and punch - not for JK's Mama. I've always hated calling an unborn child "it" so early on my husband and I settled on names : Jeremy Ryan if a boy, Katrina Noelle if a girl. We always referred to our unborn child as JK and that's how shower invitations went out too: You are invited to a baby shower for JK Schupp who is expected December 6th . . .

This first photo shows my father trying to pin on my corsage. He was so tickled about my pregnancy the ladies couldn't bear to leave him out, so he came as serving assistant, dressed in a barbeque apron and the chef hat my aunt made for him.




Here is another photo from the baby shower. It is also scrapped with Digi Jango by Scrapkitten.

My mother made the cradle cake and created the decorated tulle ends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like your layouts, your son is adorable, and doing the photo's of the baby shower was a great idea too!!