Friday, January 11, 2008

Layouts from last week

One of the things I did last week was create a set of 12 quickpages with my Happy Holly Days kit. Here's a preview of the set (just $3.50) which can be found at Scrapbookersplayground: http://www.scrapbookersplayground.com/Cart/index.php?main_page=product_scrapbook_info&manufacturers_id=147&products_id=7693




This is an ATC I made with items from the kit:
Also made with Happy Holly Days is this LO featuring my nieces:

And this one with my grandson:


I've been doing a lot of scrapping with my nieces photos recently and while looking through the pics on a CD they gave me, I came across these old photos of my SIL's husband, Mark, and his brother David. I thought these photos, taken in 1865, were really cute so scrapped this page for thier mother using Exotic Prelude_Purple by Robin Ackler of SBP. (You can find her kit here:
http://www.scrapbookersplayground.com/Cart/index.php?main_page=product_scrapbook_info&products_id=7004 )



I used the same kit to scrap this phot of Mark's second oldest daughter, Joanna, who is my husband's God-child.



I've had an opportunity to work with a lot of kits by the talented British hotelier/digital designer lately. The kit I used for the next two layouts is called "Marie" and is available to SBP:
http://www.scrapbookersplayground.com/Cart/index.php?main_page=product_scrapbook_info&products_id=6975
Purple happened to be the favorite color of my MIL, Pauline, my SIL, Paula, and my niece, Joanna. Mama D doesn't like to have her photo taken much anymore but on the CD I was given, I found 2 photos I had to scrap and "Marie" was the perfect choice for them. In the first, below, you see Pauline in a natural, everyday pose. Don't you love those sweet floweer danglies Carol made?

Now the photo below was snapped by my nieces' paternal grandmother on a day when Pauline was clowning with her grand-daughters. I'm pretty sure the youngest two are responsible for the "hairdo." And yes, if you're wondering, my MIL is a real card. She has wonderful funny stories to tell about her and her sisters (&one brother) when they were growing up in Brooklyn.

Carol Burns' Rainbow_Green was used to scrap the two LOs below of my youngest niece, Kristina. If you look at this first photo, you'd assume Kristina is a little angel. Watch out though, because that sweet looking girl has a hot Sicilian temper!

Same kit, (found here:
http://www.scrapbookersplayground.com/Cart/index.php?main_page=product_scrapbook_info&products_id=6997 ) & same niece. This was one of her birhtdays & that cake was created by my talented SIL who is a professional cake decorator.


Now a different look. These layouts were made from Carol Burns' "Black On White" kit founda at SBP: http://www.scrapbookersplayground.com/Cart/index.php?main_page=product_scrapbook_info&products_id=7012
I call this one, "His Darling Daughters" and thhink Carol's kit sets off the vintage photo well.

I really like the curling leafy vine and the shape of these frames. Not quite sure yet what I'm going to put in this quickpage.

This is Black On White again used to set off some vintage postcards.



















































No comments: