Friday, January 20, 2017

Friday freebie

Yesterday Home care came out to evaluate Dad. The nurse questioned his meds and is going to talk to doctor because of those blood pressure meds. She checked BP when Dad was sitting and again after he stood and found BP dropped 10 points uppon standing. He definitely needs physical therapy to get strength back. after talking with me, she also is going to ask for approval to have an aide come out 2x/wk to help Dad safely get into and out of shower, check to see that he is eating and staying hydrated and check his blood sugar since dosage has been adjusted. He was amazingly cooperative. Nurse had no sooner left than the neighbor I called about cleaning came over. We have a plan. I'm to take Dad out to lunch and maybe to see Miss June and Lisa and her sister, Cindy, will clean up the house: scrub all floors, vacuum, clean bathrooms and kitchen. Happily, Lisa was not shocked at the condition of things. Said her father had been much the same way about being stubborn and insisting he could care for himself and being messy. It's going to cost $100 for this major clean up but I think it is worth it. After this, Dad will be able to call on them as needed. Believe me, I will stay behind him on this. He's worried about money and I've suggested that we sit down and set up a budget and, for now at least, let me handle his checkbook and bill payments. (His handwriting has become so shakey.) And when nurse asked him if he had advance medical directive and durable power of attory and he said, yes, she pinned him down to be specific. Turns out he has both. I know about the medical directive but not that he has given me power of attorney. I'm going to need copies in case it comes to me making decisions for him. All in all, I cam home relieved and crashed for about 4 hours.

I've decided, for now at least, to limit blog posts to Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I plan to get back to Wacky Wednesdays too as it is a good way to share whatever I find time to play with. I am very appreciative of your kind comments in support at this trying time. And Krist, sure hope your husband quickly recovers from his little accident.

Here is today's zip of Holiday Tea:
Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57614067/2017/Holiday%20Tea/ws_HolidayTea_4.zip

2 comments:

KM said...

You have been so busy! I'm glad things are getting organized for you and your dad. Hope home health care will not only be help for your dad but also relieve some of your worry.

Not sure if this will help, however, it is a place to start for benefits your dad may be entitled to: https://www.agingcare.com/Articles/10-Government-Programs-Caregivers-Can-Access-for-Their-Elderly-Parents-120513.htm

Thank you for the well wishes for my husband. He is doing well. He wishes he was not in his 50's so he could have bounced instead of broken! ;)

You are in my prayers.
Kristy

MomOnceAgain said...

It sounds as if prayers are being answered - I'm so glad it is all coming together for you. (((Hugs)))