Thursday, December 8, 2016

Thursday freebie

Just past midnight here but today will be hectic. Last night Dad fell again and this time he hit his head on the edge of the brick hearth. I was so alarmed when we got there and found him on the floor in front of the fireplace and I could see his bloody forehead. He's on Coumdain so excessive bleeding is a big risk. He had a sizable lump just above his forehead but part of the abrasion had already scabbed over and the other was no longer actively bleeding. I wanted to take him to the ER but he told my husband and me he was okay, just needed help getting up. I cleaned the wound gently, not taking any chance of causing it to bleed again and made him apply ice after we had him settled in his chair. My husband went out and got him his dinner while I sat there observing Dad and listening to his frustration about his condition. He wouldn't come home with us and didn't want me to stay over but we stayed awhile to make sure he wasn't showing any signs of a concussion and checked on him later by phone. I feel so bad for him. He does not like the way his health has been this past year and is discouraged that the cardiac inversion did not correct matters. I will take him to the cardiologist on the 19th and talk to him about a pacemaker.

Yesterday was also my DIL, Berkeley's, birthday. I was late calling her but she was cheerful and I was relieved to know that her birthday card arrived on time. Due to unanticipated complications in her new boss' health, B has been working full time instead of part time and getting lots of experience. She and Jeremy have been working hard these last months and are looking forward to being here for the holidays.

I'd best go ahead and give you zip 6 before I go to bed as I've got an eye appointment today plus checking in on Dad and numerous other to-dos.
Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57614067/2016%20freebies/HolidayShimmer/ws_HolidayShimmer_6.zip

No comments: