Thursday, February 17, 2022

Mardi Gras is March 1 - freebie

Do you celebrate Mardi Gras? Do you know that the words literally mean (in French) Fat Tuesday? It is a day to feast before the start of Lent. Here in the United States, Mardi Gras is most famously celebrated in New Orleans, Louisiana. I have never been but my brother has and described it in detail, even sending me a King Cake and souvenier tee shirt the year he was in the city working. I'm told it is rather a wild celebration with everyone drinking, eating rich foods, dressing in costume, watching lavish parades put on by Crewes, trying to catch the colored beads that are thrown, dancing in the street - in short, partying hardy. I've put together a mini kit for you using the traditional New Orleans colors of purple, green, and yellow (for gold). Part one today and the rest on Saturday. So you will be ready just in case you want to celebrate. There is also a larger Mardi Gras 2022 kit in my store at Magnolia Gardens with different stuff. Here is your preview:
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzer0d7g1kxuyif/ws_MardiGras2022Mini_1.zip?dl=0 And here is what the larger kit looks like:
It costs $3.50 if anyone is interested.

1 comment:

KM said...

Thank you for the Fat Tuesday kit. ;) Love the colors.
My godmother lives on the parade route and has told me she used to love sitting on her balcony and watching. However, it has gotten out of hand over the last several years and now they just endure and pray they do not have too much damage done to their property before, during and after the parade. Very sad that it seems respect is forgotten in the drunken madness. I have never experienced it. My husband was down in N'Orleans, pronounced narlens by the locals, for business during the celebrations and he said it was crazy and he was in his 30's at the time.
Take care Sherry.

Kristy