Saturday, February 12, 2022

It's been a full week but I have a little freebie for today.

I rarely have more than 2 appointments or commitments of any kind in a week but this week there was something every day ! Granted along with doctor appointments and household related stuff, there were two lunches out - one with my husband's retirement group, one with my friends. The first was very quiet for the most part. We went to Joe's Crab Shack and there were only 2 employees! A cook and a waitress doing everything else. But the waitress was wonderful and the food good. Company could have been livlier but . . . . On the other hand, my group was on the wild side. Started off when I announced where the mext lunch would be. One of the ladies spoke up in a loud, rude tone to say she wouldn't be going as she doesn't like the place. I knew part of her problem related to thinking the place is too expensive (she did eventually say as much). I was ready for that objection and was able to compare prices and selections with other places we go. She was on a tear! But I just said, "I'm sorry you won't go. We will miss you" and changed the subject. She then abashedly stated she was in a bad mood. Later on, at the end of the day, we learned that one of her daughters has had another stroke and some bloodclots too. Understandable bad mood. And we are okay, spoke yesterday. Past the debacle of restaurant choice, there was the usual talk about Covid and whether the government is controlling us. We have a couple people into conspiracy theories. Ugh! I finally got people on a more pleasing subject - books and movies. Sorry for babble! Today I've put together some vintage children's Valentines. The preview doesn't show the sizes accurately. They range from a couple inches to 6" tall. I trimmed them up some and was able to fix some age flaws but I did not change colors. You would be able to do some changes if you want the colors to go better with papers and elements.
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/20lmo37s09d2plv/ws_VintageKidValentines.zip?dl=0 Also I made this page with our My Little Valentine kit for a challenge:

No comments: