Sunday, January 31, 2021

Last day of January 2021 & freebie

It has been a long while since I've blogged. As you might remember, I was having a lot of health problems and then there was holiday rush - all for nothing as it turned out. Quick update on health. FOr some unknown reason and this after I haven't been to PT in a good while, my legs feel stronger and I am able to rise from a chair without assistance. Still going through some work up with the neurologist, whom I saw in person this past week. More blood tests and even a Covid anti-body test to see if I'd contracted Covid early last year, not long before weakness and extreme fatigue bagan. Negative on Covid antibodies and I just had Covid test to check current status on 23rd before going for colonoscopy and that was negative too. All good on that front. So really don't have answers, just jhappy to feel better. This month, last couple of weeks, our house decided it was bored too and it has been one thing after another. On the 22nd, hubby went into the garage for something and found the water heater was leaking. He caught the problem before we had a big flood. Turns out the thing was 30 years old and set a local record with the plumbing company for length of service. No hot water for several days. On the 25th I had a colonoscopy and we came home to men digging in our crawl space. We had scheduled work begin in the crawl space to give support to the old beams, joists etc and bring it up to modern code (house was built in the 50s) and they got started. One day after getting in the new hot water heater, the foundation guys hit a pipe and we had to cut off hot water until they fixed it. The house does seem to feel more solid and the house doesn't bounce terribly when huge waste management trucks go by. That work was finished on the 27th. On the 28th, just as temps were going down and snow flurries were expected, the heater was no longer keeping us warm. Turns out half the heater exchanger had rusted out. We've been lucky with outside temps low that we are still getting enough heat so that the inside temperature hasn't dropped below 67. Hopefully, the part will come in and repair can be done tomorrow. Our savings has had a big hit! Who said 2021 was going to be better? Show me. Anyway, all I've got for you this January is a pack of 4 commercial use papers in winter blues.
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qx070ymyqxyhb5d/ws_FrostyBlues_ppr.zip *Sorry - don't know what is going on but I was unab;e to get Blogger to insert link as usual so I just listed it and you will have to cut and paste. BTW - all zips from last year have been removed and will not be uploaded again. Two reasons - I use free Dropbox and have limited room & I also sell my designs at Magnolia Gardens Scraps. I don't have time or energy to both create free kits and kits specifically for the store. I limit the free run of my designs, then put them into my store. Link expires 3/1/2021

3 comments:

KM said...

Bless your heart. I am so glad you are feeling better. I didn't realize you had been out of the loop for so long. I guess that shows how much life has taken over for me also. I'm glad you are back and glad I'm back and able to check more than just email! Take good care of yourself and stay warm. I can't imagine what we would do if the furnace went out here in MN. Brrrrr. Although it has been decently warm, above zero for the whole of January. That does not happen very often. I hear -21 degrees is headed here next weekend. Oh well, days are getting longer with light.

-Kristy

Seymoure said...

Ohhh...so sorry to hear about all of these problems hitting you all at once. Not a good way to start a new year. On the other hand I was very happy to hear from you. Glad you are feeling better and, hopefully, you will continue to do so.

tiscrea © - The Netherlands said...

Some time ago I sent a comment under Zips for rest of Elegant Autumn, but I'm afraid you haven't seen it.
Anyway, I'm glad to see you back and feeling better.
Sorry to hear about the house problems, but at least you'll be warm and cozy in the end :-)
Thank you for the very nice paper set.