Thursday, October 29, 2020

State Fair freebie

By the time you read this, I will be in the warm, salt treated pool doing physical therapy. Assuming nothing else happens, of course. At home my husband will be talking with a man coming out to inspect the foundation. Early Monday morning I woke to cries of "Help!" Heart pounding I followed the sound to the kitchen where my husband was standing in a pool of hot coffee and shattered glass. Especially bad as he insists upon walking around with bare feet. He had been drying a heavy Corningware glass bowl when it slipped and hit the coffee carafe. The bowl didn't break but the 3/4 full carafe sure did. Took us a while to clean up the big mess. What was he most worried about? Where the spare carafe was! The man can't do without his coffee. Tuesday I went to lunch with my group, taking along my husband's handmade aspen wood cane. Big chunky thing made for big man. But I was a bit shaky walking and worried about being able to get up from chair at Olive Garden. Lunch went well with a moritorium on politics since previous time (I wasn't there) there had been quite a ruckus. After lunch I had a good long talk with my friend, Steph, and benefitted much from that. Wednesday I spent rangling an appointment with my gastroenterologist whose schedule, I'd been told, was super booked. I'd been calling back and forth, leaving messages with her nurse about the problems I'm having (yes, everything is happening at once) and today was finally given an appointment for Friday morning. And that's my week so far. I'm happy to hear you are enjoying State Fair. And I really appreciate your kind thoughts and prayers during this crazy health crisis. Here is today's zip: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hajgm8dl571dyzr/ws_StateFair_3.zip?dl=0

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the lovely state fair kit. Will definitely use it!

I am sorry that you have not been feeling well, and hope that all the medical doctors are able to help you. I can relate to broken carafe or glass ware on the floor--we just had an incident of broken glass on our ceramic tile kitchen floor and it splattered all over the place. Yep, bare feet and all we also managed to clean it up. LOL!

Thanks for sharing all that you do, it is well apprreciated.