Thursday, May 28, 2020

Vintage Birds freebie

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all well. Things are opening up around the country which feels like an improvement but we will have to wait and see if this triggers another round of Covid_19. I am so tired of hearing people gripe about having to wear a mask and their "rights." I don't think anyone is enjoying the experience but please, why does anyone right supersede the good of the many? It's such a small thing we can do to help everyone stay safe. My husband and I have been using little cloth masks - the idea being it was more economical to have something washable and reusable. But since we both have breathing difficulties the masks make it more difficult. Plus, I gave up my contact lens long ago and now get my glasses fogged up. Also bought a small amount of disposable masks for rough respiratory days and just ordered a couple face shields while they are still relatively cheap to see if we tolerate those better.

I did get my lumbar epidural on the 19th. First couple of days I has spasms down my spine but that is perhaps because of the position I was in during the procedure. At this point, I think it is fair to say I got maybe 10- 20 % benefit if that. Don't seem to be having problems on left side but the right is pretty painful.

Anyway, I decided to extract some vintage bird illustrations. Thought they might brighten up a page or two and since the original jpeg would be considered public domain, I haven't bothered with a TOU. Hope you can find a use for these.


Link: expired. Available at Magnolia Gardens Scraps after July 1 2020
Until next time, be safe and be creative!

2 comments:

KM said...

Glad you are feeling a bit of relief and praying it improves soon. <3
And, amen sister, to the mask wearing. How selfish can one person be to complain when it just may save a vulnerable persons life. It is such a little thing to ask. What a perfect time to show we care about some one besides ourselves. My hubby and I wear mask, gloves, glasses and carry hand sanitizer when we leave the house once every 2 weeks to buy groceries. For now it is good to do so.
Here in Minnesota, where I live in a suburb of Minneapolis/St Paul, we are experiencing total unrest, something I have never seen in my 56 years, destruction of property along with disregard for fellow human beings. We are all created in God's image. A peaceful protest says so much more that violent riots. But then again maybe not, nationwide media coverage does not cover peaceful protests.
I am brokenhearted, I can't imagine how God must feel.

Mary said...

I hope you continue to improve! I know you can have adverse results for up to 10 days. But hopefully yours are almost over! Wear masks, don't wear masks, every expert is on a different wave length. When this began, do not wear them, now months into the illness, wear them. I am not sure anyone knows really how to stop it. People go out sick, so that never helps masked or not. IF God wants me Home, mask or no, He is calling me home!!

The birds are amazing!!!