Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Have a nice holiday? & Freebie

Hope you all had a nice holiday. We certainly did but a tiring one. Guess we are getting too old for all the to-do of having people over for holiday dinners. My husband said it was the last time we are going to do it. Time for the younger generation to take over. He told Jeremy that next year we are coming to PA to have dinner at their house. A little bit of anxiety ensued. They just bought their townhouse this year and are still fixing it up. No space for overnight visitors is one problem. Husband told them we would, of course, stay at a hotel. But they don't have a dining table. No problem - we can eat buffet style. I was a little embarrassed as I don't go along with inviting myself anywhere. But, of course, there are other alternatives and we will see what develops. I can say we were really tired, though happy, after having son & DIL and grandson and his girlfriend to celebrate Thanksgiving on Friday, Son & DIL had worked on Thanksgiving and driven down after work, but tired though they unquestionably were, they were perky on Friday and Saturday. So good to see them. Won't see them again until around my birthday in March.

I did manage to get most of what I wanted to do done before they arrived. However, when I went to make pies on Thursday, I discovered I had forgotten to buy evaporated milk. Oh well, we went out early Friday morning and just bought a couple of pies at a grocery store. What was important was being together. It was fun watching grandson and son interact especially as I was remembering when Jeremy would come home from college at Christmas and he would get down on the floor to play cars with Tyler who was just a toddler. Anyway, still sort of recovering from holiday but intend to make headway on my to-do list. Yesterday got my mammogram and bone density studies done, took some things to thrift store, picked some items up from grocery, and finished a crocheted poncho fro Larkin's doll in a color combo she will love - a variegated pastel purple and pink. Lazy today but have laundry to do and calls to make.

Here is today's Baking Blitz:
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xqpai7n2k0x0u9a/ws_BakingBlitz_9.zip?dl=0

1 comment:

SiskiyouSue said...

Many thanks, these are lots of fun! Happy December!