Saturday, November 9, 2019

Saturday freebie

Haven't chatted with you in awhile. Having been down with back trouble etc, seems my entire life is off track. Another rough night sleeping so up late today. Can't sleep on left because of shoulder and arm pain (related to cervical spinal stenosis), have never been able to sleep on my back, and right hip was protesting from constantly being on that side. Yes, I'll have a little cheese and crackers with my whine lol. Determined to get some things done today!

Yesterday afternoon our insurance guru came over to look into updating our prescription, dental and vision plans. So much changes over a year with companies changing formularies and prices. Didn't take too long to go over husband's prescription needs and find him a better plan for 2020. I was another issue. I take 12 meds on regular basis and going over plan I currently have, he found big changes in current company's formularies. 5 out of 12 of my meds are no longer on their formulary and that means huge price changes to get what I need. Are you ready? He found that my medication needs came up to $35,ooo/year! You read that right. He thought he'd made some error and went through the process again but it was the same. He always compares across plans and came up with similar problems every where. Can you believe, Nexium, which has been around forever, isn't on formularies any more? Won't go on with this and bore you but I did want to warn everyone you had better check into your Rx plan before time runs out. Don't be fooled thinking you will just stay with current plan and you will be okay, because you might find some nasty surprises. It is crazy what is happening to drug costs in this country. What my insurance guy found for me was so bad, he wouldn't recommend anything and enroll me. He's checking further and sending me more information. Also suggested I check with my docs to see if there are changes I can make.

After those depressing hours, we settled down to eat left over chili and watched Virginia Commonwealth University, my alma matter, win it's second men's basketball game of the season. VCU is now 2-0. Hope this lasts. While watching, I finished up a scarf I was crocheting for myself from mint green velvet yarn left over from the blanket I made for Larkin. Earlier in the day, I had ordered an Our Generation doll for her Christmas and a couple outfits and had Googled free patterns for sewing and crocheting clothes for the doll. When we had been at a craft fair last month, Larkin fell in love with a crocheted doll poncho someone had made for an American Girl doll. She has one of those at her Aunt Dawn's house. That is what had promoted me to purchase the Our Generation doll for her (less pricey than American Girl but same size). Started a baby blue crocheted poncho last night and will finish up today and made another so she will have one for each doll. Have about finished up shopping for Larkin with the most recent purchases I will pick up Tuesday. Children and women are generally easy to buy for. The men? another story. Husband already has his big gift of a Canon camera, attachments, case etc. etc. He's already using it. Have a couple other things for him, a few things for DIL (even though we are not officially exchanging gifts with son & DIL and they are going to his father's home for Christmas this year.) Grandson was supposed to send a wish list for himself and mention some ideas for his girlfriend but I've about given up on receiving the list and will just wing it. He's too busy with college, 2 part times jobs, church activities and the ever present girlfriend. My Jeremy is working too many hours right now so his staff is short handed, and he is suffering from lingering cold. Suspect he won't manage to email some suggestions of what he might need and want but might have come up with an idea last night. I am not waiting to last minute to shop.

I've been working on a Baking Blitz kit, thinking that with holidays coming up there will be lots of cooking coming on. Might be so cute photo ops with children or grandchildren helping in the kitchen. You might also use the kit to scrap some favorite recipes as I did for DIL a couple years ago. An 8" album works well for this. At the rate things are going, I don't expect to have it all finished before I have to start posting, so can't see having an overall preview for you until the end.

And now today's zip:
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vuty09gfd3wfn2o/ws_aome_papers_1.zip?dl=0

No comments: