Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Tuesday - freebie, chatelaines

I'm still on some sewing related quests. Won an auction for a bone needle case for my chatelaine. Have a crazy bid on a mother-of-pearl needle book. Probably won't win it and will save my money. Can't believe I made that bid! Thinking of chatelaines, I came across photos of two antique Chinese chatelaines. Not for sewing. They were for tools involved in the Opium Wars!
Different for sure.

Today's freebie contains blue elements:
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7qyjozlygkkkp7z/ws_SummerGardens_13.zip?dl=0

E-scape & Scrap is celebrating an anniversary and hosting some challenges over at Just Art. So far, I've entered two. This first is a mini kit challenge from kakleid using her free mini kit, Potpourri:
The second challenge is to use a template by Karen (kakleid) with any kit sold by E-scape & Scrap. I used a kit by Lavendar Designs called Art & Vision:
3 more challenges to go and lots of good sales, including some $1.00 kits from G&T Designs, a favorite of mine.

1 comment:

Scarette said...

Intriguing items! The only ways I am familiar with the term "chatelaine" is as "the Lady of the House" and as the title of a very popular Canadian magazine, "Chatelaine" I think it is still being printed.