Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Friendship Jewels freebie, cold & fall

We're n the midst of a cold front again with freezing temps (or nearly) rain, sleet, snow flurries. Everything was icy this morning and when my husband went in to work before the sun was up, he was walking across the parking lot towards the office when the lights went out. His company's office is a "green" office building and so loses light, heat, A/c etc depending on area demands. Next thing he knew his foot hit something he couldn't see and he pitched forward. There are some sort of posts (sign I think) in the lot on boxy bases and a number of the poles have been hit by these professional drivers (Right, how is that?) and broken off. In the dark his foot had come up against one of the bases of a broken pole. He told management he was alright and wanted to go ahead and work and would file the paperwork for the on site accident when he came back in. He arrived home this afternoon looking like he'd been in a fight. His Roman nose took the worst of it - cut & badly bruised but he swears he doesn't think it's broken. His foot is badly bruside and both knees have cuts and bruises. January isn't starting out well for him.
I did manage to do the main things on my list the other day but just didn't feel so good. turns out I was getting another outbreak of shingles! Got my antiviral from pharmacy and it's helping a great deal. Only one really bad night so far. And I finally got my Walmart package yesterday which was a good thing since I was not in the best of moods. Got around to opening it today to make sure all was there since the box was kind of beat up. All the pieces seem to be there except instead of sending the black wire modules they sent unpainted (so silver) ones. That's no biggie as it's going into the back closet. On my list to put it together tomorrow and start organzing.
Thought I'd share my first January art journal page with you. It has lots of inspirational quotes and comments ona few things that happend so far this month.
And here is more of Friendship Jewels
Pick it up here and stay warm! http://www.4shared.com/zip/WG8PpTLeba/ws_FriendshipJewels_0114.html?

1 comment:

Stacey said...

these are so pretty! thank you so much! Your poor hubby. I hope he is really alright! My wrist is back to normal, so I now have oh 80 percent of my christmas put away now - just 2 more big boxes and the tree to haul out. I'd have done the tree already, except my hubby's back is in no condition to help me, so luckily my sister will come by tomorrow and she will help, it' way too large for me to do myself.