Friday, January 16, 2015

Another day, another freebie

Still cold here but they say temps will rise to nearly 80 on Sunday! Is it any wonder so many have sinus headaches, cold, and flu? The body just can't adjust so well. I'm pleased to report that after my husband's accident, his company finally put some emergency lights out in the parking lot. Also, most of the swelling in his nose has gone down so he's breathing better but still has bad bruising. Knees etc are okay. As for me, the meds are working and shingles aren't bothering me. Still there but no longer itching or painful 90% of the time. Today was wasted with a headache but more because I got upset last evening than weather. Nothing serious, just me being over sensitive which happens when I'm ill and over tired. Tomorrow will be a better day. Thanks Deb & Stacey for digi hugs; it helps to know such nice people. Stacey, good to hear your wrist is improving and the un-decorating is proceeding well.
Here is today's zip of Friendship Jewels:
http://www.4shared.com/zip/qVIaWN2Sba/ws_Friendship_Jewels_011615.html? So how is your January coming along? Doing anything interesting? What are you reading? What projects do you have going? Curious minds want to know lol. BTW that the customer I was looking for? She contacted me and I learned she had been ill. I think she's finally able to get her downloads and knows I'll work with her if she can't get them all from store by end of month. Hearing from her made me feel better. I've been reading up a storm: Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn, a couple of Laura Child's wonderful tea shoppe mysteries, and now reading Steve Berry's The Lincoln Myth. 15 more minutes and I can take my next dose of medicine and go to bed. Have dried cherries plumpimg up in a leftover bit of Moscato wine and will make some scones in the morning. I plan to go over and see Miss June and Dad and take along some tea and scones for a treat. 3 day weekend here (Monday is Lee_Jackson_King day in Virignia). Stay well and be creative!

3 comments:

MomOnceAgain said...

January is. Today will be 50 and I am going to grill pork chops in a few minutes. I have to enjoy this weather while I can, because next week it will start cooling down again. I'm reading Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood for our library book club and The Unbreakable Child for me, along with several devotionals. I need to finish The Call of the Wild and Robin: Lady of Legend one of these days...

SherryD said...

Happy Birthday Deb! Gee, you're only half of 100 lol. My Mom used to do that to me every year. Thanks for sharing your reading. I've read the YaYa novel some time ago. Fun and sure made me wish I still had friends close by with that kind of history together. The Call Of The Wild . . Jack London? If so read that one more than 50 years ago when I was a teen. Good adventure. Uh oh, re-read your message and think you were saying temps there would be 50 not you. Duh! I'm not all here I guess. Sorry

Stacey said...

thanks for the beautiful gift. I'm glad you'll have some warming. yes, Christmas put away, except for our tree. hubby's back still not up to helping me, but everything is gone, so now doing the big clean around the house. when the decorations are up I clean around them, now I have to dust/sweep/mop/shampoo carpets, pretty much everything to get things back to normal. waiting for our weather to hold steady - we're bouncing between 60 and 70 and I need it to be on the warmer side to shampoo the carpets or they won't dry. so not so much fun this weekend, but nice to start having a tidy house again. Glad to hear your hubby is healing and hopefully your shingles outbreak will be done soon. that scares me because I too had chicken pox so it'll be something I have to worry about as I continue to get older.