Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Charity Kit Appeal

Some of you may already know that we recently learned my husband's sister, Paula B, has breast cancer. During routine mammogram a tumor of about 1" was discovered and, unfortunately, it has broken through the chest wall. Paula is a professional cake decorator and her husband is a supervisor for a contractor. They have no medical insurance and with 3 daughters at home plus my 87 yr-old MIL, the medical bills will be devastating. I am asking for volunteers to contribute to a collaborative kit that will sell in Bella Zingaro Studio and Berry Applicious with proceeds to go to Paula. I know we are unlikely to make a lot of money doing this, but every bit will help. Instead of doing a kit aimed at breast cancer in predictable pink, I thought a kit with wider appeal would be best. Paula's favorite color is purple which made me think of pansies. In the Victorian language of flowers, pansies stand for thoughts. They have also been called Heart's Ease and that seemed appropriate too. That said, here is the color swatch:
We all have other obligations, so I thought if we could have everything to me by say 2/20 then I could put it all together and have loaded by 3/1 and advertise. (I'll be away 2/22-2/24). If you are interested in participating, please contact me at quiltwrite2000@yahoo.com with Charity Kit in subject line. Whether you can contribute a little or a lot, anything would be appreciated. Kit name is simply For Paula. Please name your files like this: yourintials or trade name_ForPaula_papers_1.zip Also, would you please include a preview of your portion? Thanks so much for considering this appeal. Hugs, SherryD

1 comment:

Xiomara said...

Hi Sherry, I sent you an email. I will be contributing to the Collab.
I will pray for you and your family during the difficult times you're going through.
Big Hugs,
Margie