Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Missed planned Monday post but here is the Monday freebie

Last few days have been very busy! Saturday I went to lunch at Olive Garden with the Red Lilies chapter of the Red Hat Society. We had a wonderfully patient waiter named Jim, who shared he was 2nd generation Sicilian when he learned a couple of us were married to Italians. There were 6 of us present along with one lady's daughter who was visiting because her daughter (our member's grand-daughter) is due to give birth shortly. We got around to discussing some ideas of things we want to incorporate into the group, like the logo I made, having a private Yahoo group and so on. Gee, I think we were there about 3 hrs! I got appointed to set up the meeting for June and have been mulling over some ideas and locations. Got home and found husband had made chicken Parmesian and baked macaroni for dinner. Very tasty and plenty of left-overs.
Yesterday my husband and a friend went to the Patriotic Festival at Virginia Beach to hear Alabama. The friend had won tickets and offered to take my husband if he'd provide transportation since the man no longer drives. With traffic and high parking fees at the Beach, I took them, dropped them off, then picked them back up. After the concert we went to dinner. Guess where? Olive Garden! Yes, they had agreed on that way back and I didn't complain. Tried their new Lasagna Fritta that my son's fiancee had told me about. Very good! Talk about an Italian themed weekend!
Then Monday we met with our insurance agent so we could set up the change in medical insurance when hubby goes on Social Security in September. Now we will get back to what passes for a "normal" week. With Father's Day coming up I decided to make a few manly items for you and since I couldn't come up with a better name, I'm calling these freebies "Manly." Here is zip 1
Link: http://www.4shared.com/zip/-vbXmW2Uce/ws_Manly_zip1.html?

1 comment:

Stacey said...

thanks for the awesome freebie! never good at naming things myself - LOL! love the hat! glad you had an awesome time! my hubby is italian too. lucky for me, I love pasta.