Friday, June 12, 2015

Friday freebie - Manly zip 6

First, thanks Stacy, for offering up prayers for June. Poor woman has been throguh much last few years. This cancer might be something easily removed - don't know yet - but radiation and chemo do so much to quality of life. I just don't think in her position I'd want to do much more than be kept from pain. But that is for her to decide. I've temporarily rigged up the wide brimmed red straw hat I found at thrift store for Saturday's Hoot. In time I'd like to cover it in fabric and doll it up like an Edwardian tea hat. For now, with all that old nasty trim off, I made a band and bow of a sparkling red tulle and added a couple large deep red flowers. It will do. Don't really have anything dressy in purple (or anything dressy any more in fact) so will wear my new purple maxi dress. It's a simple knit fabric for summer wear, sleeveless, gathered at bit underbust. I do have a garnet pendant on silver chain and a vintage look sterling ring with garnet for some bling. I can see where keeping up in Red Hats could get expensive and that word isn't in my vocabulary any more. And now, here is zip 6 of Manly, think mornings.
http://www.4shared.com/zip/Cyh9s5iace/ws_Manly_zip_6.html?

4 comments:

Stacey said...

love today's portion! thanks so much! I don't do alot of manly pages (our family is full of women, not so many men - LOL), but it's nice to have for those occasions, the few Uncles I do have attend. I see my father rarly, he's still in Hawaii, but I do have an awesome stepfather who I see regularly we just don't take that many pictures, but we do have a re-union coming up in October so I'll be able to use this kit for that occasion! Please keep us posted on June. depending on her lymph nodes will really determine the treatment she has. I'm praying it's not there so she can just remove the breast, that would be the easiest on her really. If it's reached her lymph nodes, then she'll have some serious debating of treatment. I'm praying for the best though! please keep us posted as you can. I truly am sorry and hope one day we can cure breast cancer for good!

Stacey said...

thanks so much for today's awesome part! I don't do that many manly photos we have way more women than men in our family, but we do have a re-union coming up in October, so I will be able to use the kit for those pictures! Please keep us posted on June! I'm praying it isn't in her lymph nodes, so she can just remove the breast, it'd be so much easier on her then. if it has reached the nodes, she'll have to do some serious thinking on what kind of treatment she wants done. I hope someday we have a cure for breast and all cancer really as it's taken too many of everyones loved ones!

SherryD said...

Thanks Stacey! I don't take many photos either. My hands shake so I'm not good with it. But I hear people saying it's difficult to find scrapbook stuff for guys. This is a mixeed bag but hopefully useful. I'll update on June as sson as we learn something. Off to bed. Red Hat Hoot tomorrow.

Stacey said...

I hope you had a ton of fun! let us know how the red hat hoot went!