Sunday, September 28, 2014

Thinking Fall

Yesterday I'd planned to do so much. But the weather changed sharply giving me a sinus headache which decided to go into a migraine. It was our No Cook Friday and hubby had stopped to pick up Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches on the way home from work. I'd done a load of laundry and worked some on organizing files but soon after I ate my late lunch the migraine took over. At least the family had their sandwiches waiting for dinner. Darn thing kept me up and down all night. Then this morning, hubby made his famous hash brown potatoes for part of breakfast. I gave up the futile effort to get some sleep and went and got a cup of coffee and bowl of his yummy creation. Soon after I was able to go back to bed and slept in until around 1:00 pm! But despite such a late start, Rachel (niece) and I went off to Walmart for shampoo and such supplies while hubby went to grandson's baseball game. When we got back home, I had Rachel help me make homemade chicken potpie - something she wanted to learn to do. While we waited for dinner to finish in the oven, we chatted and worked on crochet projects. So nice to have a girl in the house to talk to! We covered topics ranging from weddings to people's attitudes towards homosexuality, to organized religion, to how differently men think. LOL - lots of fun. She's crocheting one of those snuggle blanket things for her father, working it from bottom up so it's quite a wide span. Has about a foot in height already. I finished the frog hat for baby Hunter and tomorrow will put finishing touches on hat and security blanket. Started rolling yarn for the coocoon tonight too. and I did make something for you - a stacked fall theme paper. Hope you like it.
Pick it up here: http://www.4shared.com/zip/Q1oG2CWbba/ws_FallPaper2.html? Stacey, hope you're over the strep throat and hope none of you have gotten the flu that has started its rounds. Get your flu shot! I plan to get mine on Monday. Hugs!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

thank you so much for the beautiful paper! thanks for asking and yes, finally better. no flu here and hopefully with the rest and antibiotics we don't get it! I wish the same for you. So glad you and your niece are having such a nice time. I'm really close to my aunts and miss them!