Wednesday, February 7, 2024

It will soon be Valentine's Day!

It's been awhile since I've posted, I know. Have lingering effects from my fall weeks ago. Right now the most troubling one is increased neck pain and tingling down my right arm. Had a visit to ER about the knee and was told it was just a bad sprain (after x-ray) and it was wrapped up. That's fine. Had a CT of cervical spine and was referred to orthopaedics. Of course, it takes a while to get in. The doctor there following up on my ER visit took more x-rays and announced "Your neck looks terrible!" The spine isn't his area of expertise, so he referred me to a member of their spine team. Another appointment. We talked about the artritis and degenerating disks in my neck and he did a basic evaluation. In doing so he noticed my trouble with balance showing in a wobbly walk and asked if anyone had ever told me I have some weak reflexes in my legs (MO). 've had a balance problem for years, was told it was probably due to brain damage from auto accident as there was nothing wrong with my ears. Did vestibular therapy and can normally do fine unless I am ill or over-tired. But since fall, balance has been worse. He has ordered MRIs of my cervical and thoracic spine. My husband's cataracts suddenly became much worse. We spent 3 hours on Monday getting an evaluation and scheduling his surgery. The good thing is they will also be able to correct his asstigmatizim and his glaucoma. In between all this I had a breast cancer scare. Fibroid cysts aren't new to me but those usually show as round or oval on mammograms. Instead, they found an assymetrical growth in my right breast. Another mammogram plus an ultrasound was scheduled. Afterwards, the radiologist said she couldn't say for certain whether it is a cyst or something worse. Will go back in six months for another ultrasound and more information. But I think allowing a six month wait sounds promising. During the last big storm we had here, I found leaks in the garage. We had to have a new roof put on. Between that and all the doctor visits 2024 has been busy and expensive. Sure hope the year is treating you better. Despite all this or maybe because of it, I've found solace in digital design. I'm hosting 3 challenges this month at Just Art, playing the other monthly challenges and have put together for you a Valentine's Day kit and a Winter kit. If Virginia is going to get any snow it is usually in February so snow was on my mind. Since Valentine's Day is so close, I want to give you "Young Love" now
Links: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/if0h1bbz540hn318icneo/ws_Young_Love_el.zip?rlkey=2mcdj92dxtkvc8w0o9kd4f65w&dl=0 https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/zh54rs9inj7grubgxwwcx/ws_Young_Love_ppr_1.zip?rlkey=p6hdt6khns2r6nyhplwjl9x1t&dl=0 https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/fwsuerkr2nruugwbsvlxv/ws_Young_Love_ppr_2.zip?rlkey=9pnxrcfo7pesayy4e972in4c3&dl=0

3 comments:

KM said...

I'm so sorry for all the health challenges you both are facing. Aging is not for the weak. ;-) 2024 is off to a busy start for you, that is for sure. I'm caring for aging parents and granddaughter 5-6 day a week, so never a dull moment for me so far in 2024. Feeling blessed to be able to put one foot in front of the other each day.

Take care and keep us up to date on your progress.

Thank you so much for the valentine gift!

Kristy

Seymoure said...

Hi Sherry,
My goodness! You have certainly had enough to handle for the entire year let alone just the first month of 2024. Praying most of the hard things are behind you. Also, thank you very much for the Young Love valentine kit. I have a great granddaughter with red hair so the little cutie you provided in the kit is perfect.
Carlyn

MaryFaye said...

Hello Sherry, First I finally was able to get a new computer. I am still adjusting to have all my alphabet back LOL. I am so very sorry for everything you and hubby are going through. I pray everything will be better soon. Thank you for another amazing kit!!!! I absolutely love this. My daughter thinks she is in love for the first time. I think she is too young. But trying to be a supportive mom not over protective and over bearing!!! So this kit is perfect. Praying for you and yours to be well very soon!!!