Monday, January 1, 2024

Happy New Year!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.Ours was pretty quiet this year. We need have a surprise visit from a friend who lives in Nellys Forge, VA (near Wintergreen) and then on 12/26, our grandson and his little family came over after GDIL got off work. We had turkey leftovers together, then played with baby Taylor who is now 8 mpnths old. such a sweet, happy baby! She is now sitting up and babbling. I got on the flooe on thw quilt we'd spread for her and her mother and I introduced her to her new toys. She played quite happily - her idea of playing right now largely consists of sticking everything in her mouth. Got to taste all sides of things lol. Later, while she was sitting on my lap, she grabbed my thumb and stuck it in her mouth and gave it a light bite to show off her 3 teeth. It was so cute how she let go after the little bite, leaned back and looked up at me with a big smile. She's a charmer!
I had pretty much completed a kit for you when a friend and I got to talking about birthstones. I needed to make a mini kit for my challenge on Just Art and decided I'd start with January's birthstone and flowers and see where it took me. I just kept adding things. It only needed to be 6 papers and 12 elements. So, I made up the mini to post on JA 1/1 then combined it with all my additions to make a kit for you I'm calling January Girls. Here is the preview:
There are 4 zips. I'll give you the first two tonight and the others Wednesday. https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/9u4atj0t835bsc7q4li6a/ws_JanGirls_ppr_1.zip?rlkey=k97xwm0me4wvnzauqsjitfwut&dl=0 * corrected link: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/fuwu43t6xdj2dd727da4o/ws_JanGirls_el_1.zip?rlkey=hlop8ignj54ep26fasbu8nmjo&dl=0

4 comments:

KM said...

How sweet is that picture! Thanks for sharing. Those grandbabies are the best, or in your case, greatgrandbaby. My kids call my parents the Greats when they tell my 16 mo old granddaughter they are stopping in to see them.

Love the idea of birthstone kits. January's is lovely. Garnet, I believe. Thank you and Happy New Year.

tiscrea © - The Netherlands said...

A very happy 2024 to you and your family and friends.
Thank you for all you do for us!

Mary A said...

Beautiful Kit!! Love the colors & the theme.. Wish I could get the January Girls Els 1; Which seems to be missing... Please if U can send me that part via my email:
lm.lifeturn@gmail.com

I would muchly appreciate that... Thanks so much again..
Mary Anne Maloney

Gala said...

Fabulous ! Thank you very much for the wonderful set!