Thursday, March 23, 2023

Finally - a little time to blog and a new kit

Once again life got in the way. Much going on. two days after returning home, Sally, grandson's wife woke him at 3am. Severe back and abdominal pain, accelerated heartbeat and fever. Hospital diagnosed uterine infection. Put her on IV antibiotics and monitored baby whose heartrate was also accelerated. There was talk of having to take baby early if Sally was slow to respond to antibiotics. After several days, she was told baby was fine and she could go home to take it easy until she goes into labor. Anxious time. BTW this is a page I did showing some of the things I crocheted for the baby shower.
Got a call saying the crew was ready to start work on remodeling our front (half) bath. I had to remove decorations and small fixtures (towel ring, cafe curtain rod etc). Got down on the floor to scrub baseboards because in damp environment dust tends to stick and I didn't want painting done on top of it. No worries as it turns out. Guys are very through and sanded walls and everything down. I'd also been running around to get the paints and other needed items. Managed to set off my fibro with exertion and worry. That room has been a pink/apricot for years with a slight vintage look - pedestal sink and so on. I decided I wanted a different color. The crew will be putting in a gray ceramic tile floor, chair height toilet and a small vanity in white with faux marble top. I considered a soft green (blue and green are my favorite colors) but already have too much of that in other rooms. Maybe a light lavendar? But looking at the paints I thought it might look too washed out. I bought something called Sassy Violet. After the painting was complete, I found it is definitely a purple, a huge change for me. I am hoping with the gray floor and white fixtures it won't look too bad. Will use lots of white! This Saturday the crew will be back to put the tile down over the new, water resistent flooring they put down before painting. Good thing we decided to do this now as they found the floor under the toilet was rotting! I haven't had much time or access to computer but I do have a Spring kit made for you, which I'll start loading. Also did a religious theme Easter kit which I've yet to pack up. Here is Spring kit preview:
Not a good preview due to time constraints. Hope you like it. Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x9vjmqwcizb2ntq/ws_SingOfSpring_el_1.zip?dl=0 and https://www.dropbox.com/s/yakk6t0sg9ddvrp/ws_SingOfSpring_pprs_1.zip?dl=0

1 comment:

KM said...

You do have a lot on your plate all at once. The bathroom remodel sounds very pretty. Post pictures?

Praying all is going well with the mama-to-be and the baby. It is a scary thing when those rare things happen. I was diagnosed with H.E.L.L.P. Syndrome with my son. Very scary times and as the mom I felt so much guilt even though I knew it was nothing I did or could have done differently. The three of them will be in my prayers for safe delivery and for healthy baby and mama.

Take care of you.

Kristy