Thursday, September 22, 2022

I know it has been a long time since I posted

but it has been a wicked Summer! One problem after another. A/C died during the worst of the heat and it turned out that there were problems with the very ceiling fans that would have helped (ex. bedroom). Had to get new A/C unit which involved time and money. Had an electrician out to work on ceiling fans which led to one being fixed and 3 replaced. Bought a new bed one with simple adjustability (raising head and foot to help hubby with swollen feet) and that necessitated getting an electrician to install an upgraded outlet. Maybe one day of peace then there was a plumbing problem. And so on. I did pretty well through all of this and finally got a few days away to visit with friends. Big help. Returning home I discovered that we were going to have a big Italian dinner to thank our neighbors who had helped us and also grandson and his wife. Lots of clean-up and cooking with husband doing most of the cooking since that's his thing. Not long after I went into a big fibro flare-up which I am just now getting over. Meanwhile my friend, Eileen has been ill and cant keep up her scrap store, Magnolia Gardens Scraps so she gave it over to a lovely lady in the UK she worked closely with, Lyn Lou. Lyn has revamped the store and renamed it Twisted Sisters Creatives. She asked me to stay on and I am scrambling to put together my monthly entries. But there is a plus side. The house is so comfprtable temperature wise and at the moment all is working. At the dinner grandson announced that he and his wife expect their first child mid April 2023 and we will be great-grandparents! Expect a gender reveal party next month. Currently am crocheting a white b aby blanket that I will add a color border to once we know baby's sex. While away I started crazy quilting again in hexagon shape blocks this time. Only 2 completed so far:
I was asked to join the launch team of an Australian mystery writer, Gabriel Farago. In return for honest reviews I get his ebooks for free. On visit to pulmonologist last week, my lung capacity showed improvement and I no longer take daily inhaler, just have an emergency inhaler in case I need it. Thank you all for your notes of concern. I'm sorry I coudn't replay sooner. I do have a little somehting for you, a Fall themed kit you will recieve in 5 zips, the first today:
That's the preview for today's zip. I don't have time to do an overall. Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/erstqb9kt8f8iis/FallFrolic_1.zip?dl=0

3 comments:

KM said...

I did a happy dance when I saw the updated post! Glad you are back. Many congrats to you on the pending arrival of g-grandbaby. How exciting and what a blessing. I just welcomed my first grandbaby a granddaughter. And unless God has me living until my 90's I will not see a great-great. ;) Enjoy all the excitement and post a pic of the baby blanket when finished.

So good to see you back and thank you for the new kit. Your a wonder g-grandma!

Kristy

tiscrea © - The Netherlands said...

Oh, I am so glad to hear from you and that everything now is more or less OK again. Congratulations on becoming great grandparents!
The quilting looks awesome. Thanks for this Fall Kit.

Anonymous said...

Always seems one thing leads to ten others. Congrats on the great-grandbaby!!! The quilt beginning looks absolutely amazing. That is great news about your lung function.

I am glad you are back!! Thank you so much for the adorable kit!!!