Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Easter BAK continues

Another day of staying home and watching upsetting news. Just got off the phone with a friend. The other day I had called to check on her and she was having trouble talking, couldn't get her words together, said she'd have to call me back. I was worried because once before she had had trouble with some of her medication and ended up in the hospital. She called today and was fine. Doesn't know what happened the other day - a mini stroke? But this time we talked for a long while and I'm relieved that all seems well. Wondering how things are going for everyone else. Some of you have children who are home for the duration and I know it's a challenge to keep them entertained. Others have the care of elderly parents with various ailments and this is doubly difficult just now. And some of us have our own health problems and worries about continuity of care during this health crisis.

For me, I've remained optimistic and calm until just recently when I've begun to have some free floating anxiety as I try to go to sleep. But this will pass, one way or the other, won't it? I've begun wondering what lasting changes all of this will make to the world as we once knew it.

Today's BAK zip is a handful of vintage Easter images. With Easter almost here, let us focus on the promise of Christ's resurrection and the beautiful renewal of the earth's floral and fauna.
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m6f8e89onf92kt5/ws_Easter_BAK_misc.zip?dl=0

2 comments:

KM said...

Wonderful to hear you are making the best of the unusual situation we find ourselves in around our country and the world. It is challenging, however, we can do this! It is such a short period of time relatively compared to our lives. It is not easy and I'm saying this as a family without a source of income and caring for elderly parents. Hang onto hope and the goodness of our heavenly Father. Do I know His reasons for allowing this to happen? No. But, I have seen some wonderful, selfless acts being done for total strangers. I sat back and gave thought to "What can I do to help?" I have taken up making masks to give away to the public so precious PPE's go to the heroes on the front lines. Am I saving the world? Of course not, but it may help stop someone from contracting/spreading this potentially deadly virus.

You take care and thank you for all you do for the crafting community!

Kristy

MomOnceAgain said...

I'm glad you are doing well, Sherry! I am blessed to work in a county (one of three in my state) that has not had any cases reported and temporarily living in a county where there has been one case. I moved in with my dad and sister when I started slipping into depression and it was a blessing from God! I work as a caregiver for two ladies, so I am still working, another blessing! I can only say that if you look, you will see blessings all around you. Thanks for the Easter gifts! (((hugs)))