Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Tuesday - more of Summer Gardens

Managed to get a few things done yesterday, including going through the medicine cabinet to throw out anything that was expired or not being used. Today I'll go through the vanity drawers and under the sink because tomorrow is trash day. Going to get some of the stuff that accumulates out of here. Finished up the day with dinner at Outback, then came home and rested up with a sinus headache.

Wondering if any of you like to sew or quilt? Didn't get around to telling you that when I was in Georgia, my friend gave me an antique sewing travel set. The handles of the implements are mother of pearl, which she knows I love. We talked a lot about getting back into doing crazy quilting. If you aren't familar with it, check this out:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_quilting
My friend's new house has a French feel to it and she has decorated to accent that. She's always loved Joan of Arc and Marie Antoinette (not that the two are related in any way other than being French). I sent her a new historical novel about St. Joan as part of a thank you gift for my visit. And I am designing a crazy quilt piece about Marie Antoinette. All the talk about stitching has me eager to get back into it. I've also been coming across lots of photos of sewing chatelaines. Just love those although most are well beyond my budget.

But you are here about Summer Gardens, aren't you? Today we go from peonies to another fragrant flower - lilacs.
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wu66ddpbixqw8z9/ws_SummerGardens_7.zip?dl=0

3 comments:

KM said...

I admire the people who quilt. I wish I did know how to create like that. I only make and donate cards to our VA hospital. Paper is a lot less costly when I make a mistake. ;)
Thank you for the lilacs in purple. Two of my most favorite things.
Kristy

Seymoure said...

Hi Sherry,
So happy to read you are doing better with your health. I wanted to thank you for the current Summer Gardens downloads. I really love and miss lilacs down here in Florida. Love their scent as well as their very full blooms.
Carlyn

Scarette said...

I need to catch up. Lilacs are very special to me and this series is LOVELY!