Monday, July 12, 2010

Some recent layouts

SweetMade has a new summer kit out called Summer Day Dream. It's full of sizzling sunshine, sparkling waters and whimsical vistas. Well, that how I see it anyway lol. Check it out here:
http://sweetmadeinc.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_12&products_id=895

I'd been trying to decide on a kit to use to scrap a page for my niece Joanna, who has just graduated from high school and gotten her license as a Certified Nursing Assistant. She's a bit shy but really has enjoyed assisting in the nursing homes and is now seeking her first paying job as a CNA. I decided Summer Day Dream was just the thing ans scrapped this page for her. What do you think?



While playing around with the kit, I found this particular paper just said hot sun on water to me so found this cute photo on web of baby boy in swimming pool. the little guy was nude so I painted him a swimsuit so he'd be considered properly presented.


Then I got to play with a new kit, Gracie, by Joyfully Yours, Susannah at Southern Comfort Scraps. (find kit here: http://southerncomfortscraps.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_178&products_id=133). Love the ponk and brown. It was perfect to scrap a photo of my son's new Siamese kitten,Bilbo.


And the pink and brown reminded me of so many of the baby things bought for our new grand-daughter, Larkin, like playpen, car seat etc, so I scrapped her hospital photo with the kit too:

that's her newborn photo. I can't figure out how the photographer made her look chunky when she was just 6lbs 13 oz and long and skinny.

No comments: