Sunday, January 31, 2010

Some prompts for my journaling & other writing friends

I promised I'd bring back my prompts so here we go again. Remember, some of these are aimed at those who journal and others at those who write fiction. However, there's every reason for you to try any and all that appeal to you.

1) If I could do it over . . .
2) make a notebook entry on an early childhood event that made you cry or terrified you, or that made you weak with shame or triumphant with revenge. [Journalers might want to stop here.]
Then write a story about that event. Take us back to those traumatic times, relive them for us in such a way as to make your experience ours.
3) I am made of you . . . [Hmm, sounds like a good one for a Valentines' Day message, doesn't it?]
4) Freewrite for 10 mins from this prompt: Spilled milk
5) When the phone rings . . .
That's it for this week. If you'd like to share your responses, please do so.

No comments: