Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Seems like 2008 just zipped by. How did you spend New Year's Eve? My husband and I continued a family tradition begun when he lived in Brooklyn: we went out for a Chines dinner. Just the two of us, to one of our local favorites. Came home, played on computer for awhile, I caught up on e-mail and he went in to nap on the sofa. Woke him up at 11:30 and we sat together talking about this and that, switching channels on the TV and waited for the ball to drop. Had champagne in my West Virginia blue crystal champagne glasses, kissed when the clock struck midnight, toasted the new year and each other. All very quiet, then off to bed about thirty minutes into the new year. Big change from the years when he used to dj parties on New Year's Eve.

My paternal grandmother used to say that what you do on New Year's Day, you do all year long. If so, we should have a more peaceful year. Hubby was sweet and fixed me breakfast (and no, that's not going to happen every day) We just relaxed all day. He worked on his train simulator where he is creating his version of New York city's subway system. I read store e-mail, played a couple games on-line, sorted some of my files, all the while letting plans for Vintage Vixens next kit and DDD's next mega simmer in my brain. Hubby had calls from two people who can often raise his blood pressure but he managed to stay calm and not get loud on the phone; hope that's a sign for the future. I read more of Wayne Dyer's translation of the Tao Te Ching in his book, Change Your Thoughts, Change your Life. A quiet day at home.

Some things will be different this year. Echo, my partner in Vintage Vixens and co-owner of our store, Digital Designer's Den, and I resigned from all our other stores. This way we can devote our time and energies to our store. We have lots of ideas for things we want to do at DDD this year and a couple new designers coming in too. Expect to see more hybrid items, some classes, and more DDD exclusives.

And on that note, I'm off to work on our Febrauary mega kit, Love Tokens.

No comments: