Saturday, February 16, 2008

Web Of Life

I recently was asked to do some layouts with Web Of Life by my friend Echo of Echo Designs (Scrapbookersplayground, ScrappersZone, K-Joi Studios). It's a wonderful kit for anyone who wants to celebrate their Native American heritage or just has an appreciation for Native American culture. The very name of the kit, Web Of Life, speaks to the Native American belief in the interconnectedness of all things - a philosophy we would all be wise to heed.

I decieded to make a series of postcards, with the seasons of the year used loosely as a theme.
The one below I think of as my summer postcard because so many travel during the summer months. This Cherokee blessing is one of my favorites.


I was thinking of spring when I made this one because every spring our garden is home to a rabbit or two. Also the color red is considered a color of renewel and growth.

This would have to be my winter postcard, speaking as it does of life as a brief moment in the cycle of death and rebirth.

And this would be autumn. Blue suggests cooling. But I admit, I mostly chose it because I liked the way it looked with the elements I wanted to use. Written on the card is a bried version of a Navajo prayer.


The page below is intended to celebrate the Cherokee heritage of my cousins who are of the Eastern Band of the Cherokee Nation being originally from North Carolina.



If you are interested in obtaining a copy of Web Of Life, it is currently for sale at Scrapbookersplayground: http://www.scrapbookersplayground.com/Cart/index.php?main_page=product_scrapbook_info&products_id=7732



No comments: