Wednesday, August 24, 2016

I'm sorry

My father usually visits on Sundays and called saying he wasn't feeling well. I went over to check him out and found him very swollen (about 20 pounds over his usual weight!) and having shortness of breath. At one point, when he was trying to get his pants on so I could take him over to the ER, he got very quiet and, worried that he was taking so long dressing, I went to look in on him. He was lying on the bed looking rather gray and said he got dizzy while dressing. At the ER he was diagnosed with acute systolic congestive heart failure and started on a diuretic to get the fluid build up down. He wasn't admitted because his cardiologist isn't at that hospital and he was scheduled to see the cardiologist next day for an echocardiogram. We spent nearly 6 hours in the ER and two beds over was a paranoid schizophrenic who also had bipolar disorder and hadn't taken his meds for some time. He was threatening the staff such that hospital security and the local police were called in. Quite an evening. Monday I took Dad in for his test, made sure he ate some lunch and then we went home to rest. Meanwhile, my husband had picked up our 6 year old grand-daughter for a scheduled visit. She launched herself at me for a hug when I came in. Thereafter it was play time with Larkin. Tuesday was shop for a backpack for Larkin (I'd already gotten her other school supplies), more playtime, then dinner out with my Aunt and her boyfriend.

I'm sorry I didn't get anything posted but I am exhausted. Will take a few days off from posting and definitely see you again next Monday.

2 comments:

Scrap Art Cafe said...

OMG that is horrible, and why in the world are you appologising, you should never need to say sorry for taking care of your family, or things that really matter first!

As much as I am sure we all love your creations, and look forward to each of them, you matter more!

MomOnceAgain said...

I hope your father is doing better and that you have found some time to relax. May the Lord give you peace and good health right now. (((hugs)))