Monday, October 26, 2015

Talk about timing!

I was just finishing up some previews of a couple Halloween art journal pages I've made when I received a comment from a newcomer, Handmaiden Dotty, about the Mermaid Musings journal kit I published previously. I wanted to make an art journal page for myself to write in on Halloween. Browsing in Wilma 4 ever the other day, I came across an interesting template from Rayes design. It is, in fact, this month's challenge template in the forum. I decided to adapt it to journal page size, which is 8.5" x 11" for me. Then I decided to try it with my Halloween Treat kit. Here is what I came up with
I don't have any little ones and my grandchildren are older and not likely to trick_or_treat this year, so I filled in the photo areas with elements from the kit. I like the scatter on the template but it doesn't leave much room to journal. http://www.4shared.com/zip/wHwsAk1oba/ws_HalloweenJournalPg_1.html? I also saw that the many patterned patterned papers in the kit aren't so conducive for journal work. Therefore, I've made 6 lightly grungy papers that are mostly solids that I will load for you later. I do want a page to journal what we do on Halloween this year. Not that much will happen. We don't get trick-or-treaters here so don't know what I'll do with the photo slots. But maybe my husband & I will do something fun or I'll just want to jot some thought down. Anyway, here is the 2nd page I made for that purpose
There is space to write on the orange square and you could write on the moon too. Link: http://www.4shared.com/zip/0h-DSdyJba/ws_HalloweenJournalPg_2.html?

2 comments:

Handmaiden Dotty said...

Sherri, these are great starts to make a several page booklet. I can put "A First Halloween" on the page with the splatters, and the name of our newest great-grandchid. On the second one I can put her picture and the picture of two other of our grands, who are a few years older, with their names. Then if you do some other pages, I can write tidbits about what each child did (each are from a different family; or I could use the pictures I have of 2 from another family who love dressing up, the youngest really cuts up. I can already visualize the pages. Thank you so much Sherri. I'll be back on line Thursday and I'm looking forward to what you'll have in the next week. Blessings! dotty

Stacey said...

I love both pages! hope you and your hubby find something fun to do! I will be passing out candy as we get a ton of kids.