Monday, January 12, 2015

It's a lovely Monday - NOT!

It was football all weekend and I'm not a football fan so, to get away from the noise, I played a PC game and spent the rest of my time reading. Nothing useful. Today, I was determined would be a day I accomplished something. Temps back up to near spring like again but gray and rainy. Rain expected through Thursday. My sinuses do not like this. Finally, while it's down to just a sprinkle, I get out of the house and head for the Neighborhood Walmart where a package I ordered was due in. I'll run in, pick up the package and some groceries, then come home, do some laundry and wrestle the ornament boxes back into the windowseat storage. Uh huh. Only a couple checkers at Wal Mart and not terribly crowded. Pay for groceries then wait over 30 minutes while they find my order and attempt to ring it out. I'd ordered some heavy duty wire mesh cubes for storage in back closet. Paid with PayPal. But when they bring the box to the front, it wasn't scanned in and there was a big mess trying to get it done so they could check it out to me. Calling people for hand held scanners, calling management for help when it wouldn't recognize the code. Lots of waiting in between. They tried keying in the code and that didn't work either. Meanwhile my groceries, some of them cold are waiting to go home. they were going to have to call - who knows - when I said, "Call me when you figure it out," and headed home in increasing rain. Now I don't feel like doing a thing! ***** Also having insurance woes already. I'd filled a few prescriptions last week and all seemed okay. Hubby had not gotten the cards for his insurance, only for his Health Equity savings account. He calls about that and learns there are claims for me! My Medicare Advantage card was issued on 12/05 which means his company got corrected info to drop me before that date. He leaves messages for his company but no one calls back (typical!). Meanwhile, I get a letter from my insurance saying they gave me 30 days worth of Januvia but they don't normally cover this and I have to contact my doc and at least try one other prescrtiption before they wil consider paying for more and to do that requires an appeal. Nothing is simple! And that's my rant for the day. Now I'll go try to salvage some of my chore plans.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

sorry you had a bad Monday. I had issues with walmart during the holidays last year, you would think after the holidays not so bad. you poor thing! Insurance stuff suck. fighting with doctors and insurance is never fun. Hubby is going thru that too, it's never easy. I hope things do work out for you though! also for us.

MomOnceAgain said...

What a day you had! Just wanted to say - (((hugs)))...