Thursday, January 22, 2015

Art Journal page on The Southern Lady

My friend, Liv, of Country Liv's Graphics is now producing some art journal packages. Take a look at Mother's Journal
The image shows the full bundle but you can also buy just part 1 or part 2. It's at Scrap Bird and her other stores: http://scrapbird.com/country-livs-graphics-m-179.html I was telling Liv I was gettingg back into art journaling this year and had created one page so far. That sweetie gifted me with Mother's Journal! As sson as I saw the element of the model, I thought 50's (although it might not be) and that made me think of my mother. Thinking of Mom and looking at the stylish woman, who surely was a lady, made me think of Mom's notion of The Southern LADY. If you've ever heard of The Cult of True Womanhood, also known as The Cult Of Domesticity, The Southern Lady was Mama's version of this. (PS at the end I'll supply a link to the PSB program done about the Cult Of true Womanhood for those who haven't heard of it). I know I've forgotten much of what my mother included but had more than enough to make a page. One thing I could have stated in shorter fashion is :A southern Lady has no bodily functions" which is to say none that others should know about. She doesn't belch, burp, fart, have a period ("friend" was the appropriate term in my childhood), or go to the bathroom for anything other than to powder her nose lol.
And here is that PBS link: http://www.pbs.org/stantonanthony/resources/index.html?body=culthood.html also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_of_Domesticity Look for more of Friendship Jewels this weekend.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Sherry! Aren't you the sweetest girl! Thank you so much for using the kit and posting your results; you really didn't need to 'gift' me back! Hugs!

SherryD said...

But Liv, I really wanted to! Had fun with this. Hugs!

Stacey said...

I love her work and this kit is a beauty! thanks for sharing your amazing page! Always wanted to be a southern belle myself!